Packaging soaps to store/give

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use boxes to store their soaps in? If my batch turns out, I'd also like to mail them to a few family members :) Is a box a good solution?

I was thinking something like this?
soap box

It's obviously made for soap, just wondering if it actually works well.

Cara

Cello Bags

I use their cello bags, with a label/gift tag attached. It's cheaper and everybody thinks it's something to eat!

If you use any type of plastic or shrink wrap make sure it's super uber dry first because CP soap needs to breath.

Plastic and shrink wrap is great for M&P soaps.

But Paul suggest to leave the ends open when using shrink wrap with CP soap but only after it's been allowed to dry for so long. I can't remember how long he said but it's quite long. It needs to breath.

For gifting to family and friends I've wrapped mine in white VIVA paper towels (i wouldn't use cheap brands only viva cause it's cloth like) cut to size or pieces of pretty fabric cut to size with a sticky label that I made myself using sticky paper that goes through the printer.

But i'm going to also be ordering boxes from WSP as well. Plus I do have some shrink wrap that I also bought for some of my soaps that have been drying for a longer period of time.

Yeah, I had read that about the plastic, I thought that maybe it could breathe more in a box? I guess I'll just have to mess around with different things.

Thanks

Going to go edit my first post so it's not running off the page..

Back