packaging rant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh goodie, I can complain again about one of my pet peeves! I HATE the 50-lb plastic bag-in-a-pail oils from SC and am happy to pay a little more for palm, coconut, PKO etc. from SMR.

EOs/FOs II prefer in glass or aluminum.

Just had a brain storm! Get some extra straws from McDonald's or where ever, cut them in half or in thirds, then using clear tape, secure the straw to the bottle - fO, EO, whatever. Then put your pipette in there! Like a sheath.

As for FO/EO, I prefer glass. I know with glass I am not getting any transfer from the plastics or aluminums. We call them aluminum but how do we know they aren't some type aluminum blend from China that are made with things we don't want to store our oils in?? Just a thought. With that for pouring issues get a quantity of plastic pipettes, they are cheap and reduce spillage and they work perfect with smaller containers such as 2oz and 4 oz for those that are ordering in smaller quantities.
Most of my EO's come from NDA and their aluminum bottles are lined with some type of ceramic. Powders, Stearic etc do not bother me in bags and it saves on shipping weight. I just transfer into buckets or large wide mouth clear food containers.

Back