P&J trading floral fragrance oils for CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebop

Reaction score
ive tried using the plumeria FO before and it came out too strong for my liking. I used the brambleberry calc that time and I had to ditch the batch. Anyone have any experience or opinions on how I might be more pleased with the outcome? I guess I’ll go light on the fragrance this time. It’s a lovely scent ❤️

I have a plumeria FO that I like and haven't had it come out too strong. I suggest you make a small batch of soap and choose a specific percentage set in the lye calculator (obviously at a lighter percentage than the last time) and see if that works better. If necessary, make two or three small batches with varying percentages of FO, so you can come up with the percentage that you prefer. Then write down the percentage that best suits you on the bottle for future reference.

I don't have any FO's from P&J Trading, so have no clue about how much you should use, but what does the vendor recommend?

E30CDD2A-8067-4D3C-8768-62CA9143260B.jpeg
BA1C426D-75C6-4A28-B229-14E9416CFB72.jpeg
Well guys... I used half of the ‘light’ recommendation According to the brambleberry calc (since it wasn’t actually one of their fragrances) and it still smells good and plenty and not too much!! Of course the final test is once it’s cut/cured but I’m thinking it’s gonna be fine!! Less is more sometimes!! Oh! And it came out super pretty!! Fast accelerating floral so I added fragrance last after colors were separated, then I did a pot swirl!! Can’t wait to see how it comes out!!

I have a plumeria FO that I like and haven't had it come out too strong. I suggest you make a small batch of soap and choose a specific percentage set in the lye calculator (obviously at a lighter percentage than the last time) and see if that works better. If necessary, make two or three small batches with varying percentages of FO, so you can come up with the percentage that you prefer. Then write down the percentage that best suits you on the bottle for future reference.

I don't have any FO's from P&J Trading, so have no clue about how much you should use, but what does the vendor recommend?

Well unfortunately they don’t have recommendations or a calculator, their site merely states that their product is good for fragrancing personal care products as well as other uses. (I bought through amazon but have looked into it) it would be nice if they had their own fragrance calculator or something but since they don’t, I winged it!! I think I’ve found the sweet spot now, between too much and not enough!! Thanks for your reply!!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 33455 View attachment 33454 Well guys... I used half of the ‘light’ recommendation According to the brambleberry calc (since it wasn’t actually one of their fragrances) and it still smells good and plenty and not too much!! Of course the final test is once it’s cut/cured but I’m thinking it’s gonna be fine!! Less is more sometimes!! Oh! And it came out super pretty!! Fast accelerating floral so I added fragrance last after colors were separated, then I did a pot swirl!! Can’t wait to see how it comes out!!
It is absolutely gorgeous! :) I use P&J trading fo in alot of my soaps--dh bought me a couple of collections for Christmas. I use .33 oz per 1 lb batch of soap. Using individual silicone molds this yields 6 soaps. Its a perfect size to experiment with scents. I love their Freesia scent. Quite a few of them have accelerated trace. I need to start keeping track of which ones. Gardenia is the most recent I believe.

Latest posts

Back