Overheating HP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyago

Reaction score
So I've been Hping lately and have been noticing that after the cook my soap stays hot and the molds throw off heat well after they are molded up and have gotten this a couple times.
IMG_4576.jpg
Sometimes accompanied by a pocket at the very top of the soap. Should I wait longer to mold? Are my molds too tall?
This particular batch was 1Kg with 200g yogurt and 2Tbs Honey. Also not sure if its relevant or a coincidence but this void happened right where I stuck a thermometer into the soap.

I do believe that the honey is your culprit. Honey is notorious for causing over-heating issues like that. What I would do with your honey HP batches is put the mold into the fridge or freezer as soon as the soap has been molded.

IrishLass :)

I do believe that the honey is your culprit. Honey is notorious for causing over-heating issues like that. What I would do with your honey HP batches is put the mold into the fridge or freezer as soon as the soap has been molded.

IrishLass :)

I concur, I guess what's got my mind spinning as an HP beginner was thinking that the vast majority of the reactions would be happening in the pot during the cook and I figured there wouldn't be much left to keep the soap generating heat once in the mold.

I don't HP much but I had the same initial thought you did boyago. I would have thought it would cool down quickly once the zap is gone. Live and learn!

Latest posts

Back