Over gelled?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alliani

Reaction score
I posted the symptoms of my latest batch of soap and one suggestion was it may have over gelled. I haven't had much luck finding any information on that particular topic. Can someone tell me what actually happens in an over gel and what the results are or can be?

TIA!

~Lori

Really never heard of "over gelling" before. You can get a super hot gel, and the top can crack or volcano from too much heat. I put the top on my mold, then check back in about an hour to an hour-and-a-half, and once I get a full gel, I take the top off and turn the fan on to cool as fast as it can. Those are the only things that can be caused from too much heat being built up inside the soap/mold.

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
Really never heard of "over gelling" before. You can get a super hot gel, and the top can crack or volcano from too much heat. I put the top on my mold, then check back in about an hour to an hour-and-a-half, and once I get a full gel, I take the top off and turn the fan on to cool as fast as it can. Those are the only things that can be caused from too much heat being built up inside the soap/mold.

Paul

'K, thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back