Outside Your Back Door

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's Christmas! Show us what it looks like outside your back (or front) door. We're having a white Christmas with more snow in the forecast (up to about 2").

20211225_093100_HDR.jpg

xmas_fire.jpg
My brother visited, and we made a campfire in the backyard again! (at night, the drizzling rain at +2°C wasn't exactly photogenic. Nor particularly cozy to sit there; we did it anyway, lol)

(I decided that this be purely recreational, not work 😇: I didn't even try to compete with the rain about the ash)

This is the view from our bedroom window at the moment. Typical winter weather for this area, just north of London, UK. No snow, but damp, often foggy and chilly (albeit above freezing) most days. We did have a little snow earlier in the season, but more likely to get some that sticks around in February/March. Grateful for our log burner in the lounge at the moment!

IMG_20211226_140222__01__01.jpg

We're in the deep freeze here. It's -20 C (-5 F) and that was our high today.
There are times I'm glad I live in the deep south. It's torture during deep summer though. It will get truly cold here likely end of january for a few weeks. There are times it gets around 30 and we have to leave the water trickling in the faucets so the pipes don't freeze.

There are times I'm glad I live in the deep south. It's torture during deep summer though. It will get truly cold here likely end of january for a few weeks. There are times it gets around 30 and we have to leave the water trickling in the faucets so the pipes don't freeze.
That's what we're having to do tonight, and we should have done so last night. We woke up to frozen pipes; there are 4 suites in our building and none of us had water.

Back