ouch denied

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Place For Me

I have not looking into other soap making forums or groups till recently. And quickly became discouraged. I am SO glad Paul was sweet enough to suggest "my new home" to me! You really are the greatest, Paul! Much love!

Denied?

Really, how do you get "denied"? That's totally...crazy. I was going to join a certain international soap community, when I first started looking for an online forum.

First, I had to register. Then I get this application that has to be completed and sent back. Then, somebody had to "vouch" for me. I was told to make sure my "parole officer" spoke for me. Noboby did. So, I never got in. Oh, well...

What I learned? I say this with the utmost respect and appreciation for this wonderful place, but here it is in a nutshell: I don't think ANY soap community is worth all that. I don't think that a person will become a substandard, lye-heavy-soap-making, wannabe soapmaker, if they don't belong to ANY forums. Some people need the "community" element, and that's cool.

Forums make learning more fun. You get to interact with others, who share your passion. It's sweet to have buddies. You can find information quicker sometimes (depending on how well the forum is setup and how much time you take to look around and search), than you would searching online, which can be a type of "wilderness", if you're not web savvy. BUT, if I'd been rejected by every forum out there, I would have still learned to make some decent soap, because that's what I wanted (and want) to do.

Just recently, I witnessed from "afar", some VERY bad (cruel) treatment from a group of "harpies", who attempted to humiliate a fellow soaper who had the audacity to disagree with their summation of a situation. They couldn't teach me how to chew gum, let alone make soap. Yet, there are those who would rather lose limbs and livelihood, than be ostracized by them. That's sick. Very. So, suffice it to say, I hate message board "politics".

So, when you don't "fit in", sometimes it's a blessing, not a curse. You don't have to belong to 10 different soap communities, anyway. Sorry for the novella...

Mandy said:
Tabitha said:
I got an invitation to join a soap forum once & they would not appove the ap w/o me submitting my reale tax identification number. no thanks! Who do these people think they are?

Wow. That is just plain ridiculous!! I don't even require people to submit a legitimate email address because I know I hate to even give THAT much information out when I sign up for things.

*smacks head* Oh sheeze and here I was all ready to hand over all my contact information when I signed up.......

LOL for the same reason when I sign up for sites I usually don't even use my real name. I use faithy as an online first name and a common name as a fake last name. So much easier and safer that way. LOL and ~kris is only a portion of my real name so that's a bonus as well. :p

I think Mandy, and I know all the Mods here have been through this situation. I used to belong to 10 to 12 soap forums, and there is good people at all of them, but a few have really nasty, mean people who really don't care to help you learn soap making or not. Dare you say; "I'm a newbie" at a few! :roll:

This is where I call home now and don't even go to most of those others even to pop in and see what is going on or who is getting roasted or "hen pecked" at that forum.

Nope, this is the best soap forum on the net, and the administrator, Mandy and each of the mod squad is determined to keep this form free of that kind of drama; we don't want it or care to be a part of it. We love it when our members comment that they viewed our forum as a "guest" for a while and joined because this is such a friendly, helpful, and true "family" group of people compared to other soap forums.

Feel free to ask, question more experienced ones, even throw your viewpoint out there; you won't be belittled or made fun of, we 100% guarantee that as mods! That kind of treatment will not be tolerated here! This is and will always be a "safe place" for each of our members....we promise! :wink: 8)

OK, I'll step down from my soap box as this is a subject near and dear to my heart!:!: :D

Paul :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
I think Mandy, and I know all the Mods here have been through this situation. I used to belong to 10 to 12 soap forums, and there is good people at all of them, but a few have really nasty, mean people who really don't care to help you learn soap making or not. Dare you say; "I'm a newbie" at a few! :roll:

This is where I call home now and don't even go to most of those others even to pop in and see what is going on or who is getting roasted or "hen pecked" at that forum.

Nope, this is the best soap forum on the net, and the administrator, Mandy and each of the mod squad is determined to keep this form free of that kind of drama; we don't want it or care to be a part of it. We love it when our members comment that they viewed our forum as a "guest" for a while and joined because this is such a friendly, helpful, and true "family" group of people compared to other soap forums.

Feel free to ask, question more experienced ones, even throw your viewpoint out there; you won't be belittled or made fun of, we 100% guarantee that as mods! That kind of treatment will not be tolerated here! This is and will always be a "safe place" for each of our members....we promise! :wink: 8)

OK, I'll step down from my soap box as this is a subject near and dear to my heart!:!: :D

Paul :wink:

Well Said! I have enough drama with the rest of my life. :lol: This is the best place to be...if you wanna be "Drama Free!" :wink:

I like that, Erin;

"The SMF is the place for ye, if you want your soap forum to be drama free!"

Perhaps that should be a banner here somewhere! :lol:

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
I like that, Erin;

"The SMF is the place for ye, if you want your soap forum to be drama free!"

Perhaps that should be a banner here somewhere! :lol:

Paul

Yeah, that's pretty good, Paul! 8)

Latest posts

Back