Other organic colorants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love all these replies! What happens if you put an avocado in soap? Is that any different than avocado butter??
I think avocado butter is just avocado oil mixed with other stuff to make a butter consistency. As for avocado soap, I've seen some around - there was someone recently but I don't remember who - it does not make a very noticeable green colored soap

I think avocado butter is just avocado oil mixed with other stuff to make a butter consistency. As for avocado soap, I've seen some around - there was someone recently but I don't remember who - it does not make a very noticeable green colored soap
Thanks!!

My avocado puree soap below - the top layer contained avocado puree and the pencil line is papaya seed powder. I do like the color as it's kind of olive green.

Attachments

• Avocado Soap.jpeg
    Avocado Soap.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
I rarely use "natural" colorants, but I love the results I get from clays, spinach powder, and cocoa powder. For brown, I also use instant coffee. I make a soap called "Two Brewskis" that is half coffee, half beer. I used freshly brewed coffee the first batch, but realized that the instant coffee worked just as well.

Last edited:
I love adding dragonfruit powder to my smoothies so they turn bright pink. Thought I'd try adding it to clear melt and pour soap base. Stayed a very dark pink for a few hours and the next day it was brown. So it doesn't color soap, just food!

Latest posts

Back