Other hobbies.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Fenchurch

Reaction score
I do tablescapes and I'm working on one that is full of desserts. All the food here is faux. Next, I'm working on ice cream cones.
What is it exactly? You design how food and tableware will be set up for a particular occasion?

Happy bubbles,
Stéphanie

ShirleyHailstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you set the table as if for a magazine photo. There are themes for holidays or just something simple. We just did St. Patrick's Day and Easter. There's Spring, Graduation, etc. I'm working on the theme of a Girl's Night In party with desserts. If the food was real, it would never be ready at the same time and my family would eat it before I could photo it. I also have a theme of movie party with popcorn, movie tickets, Academy Awards, and movie cameras. It's fun. and we rarely eat off a tablescape unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas. Here's one from my College Girl Reunion where we did eat. The plates are clear glass and the placemats are LP's (google it).

Attachments

Quanta

Reaction score
Must smell wonderfull. Is it a Stephanotis?
Nice shot, too!

Happy bubbles,
Stéphanie
Thank you!

The genus isn't Stephanotis, it's Trachelospermum, sp. Jasminoides (also called "Star Jasmine").

True Jasmine (genus: Jasminum) is in the Olive family, and this one and the Stephanotis aren't.

This particular species is called Jasminoides, which is Latin for "like Jasmine". There are actually quite a few plants that are similar enough that they are called Jasmine but only the genus Jasminum are proper Jasmines.

I really want a true Jasmine, specifically Sambac, and more specifically the Grand Duke of Tuscany variety. Those are sooooo pretty.

And speaking of olives, my olive tree should be dropping its flowers right about now and just starting this year's crop of olives, but it did not bloom this year. No flowers at all, not a single one. I have no idea why. 🙁