Orris Root Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could but I just usually mix the orris root powder in 'as is' into the lightly traced soap. Sometimes I add it to the pot of melted oils and mix well making sure all lumps are gone.

As for the essential oils, I always add those at a light trace.

Thank you Cathy. :D :D So there is no technique or timing other than trace for it.

Your site is so wonderful. I need to go back and spend more time there.

Digit

digit said:
Thank you Cathy. :D :D So there is no technique or timing other than trace for it.

Your site is so wonderful. I need to go back and spend more time there.

Digit

I totally agree....thank you for posting and thank you for including a link to your site in your siggy! :)

digit said:
Good find Mike! :D I always see to do it, but never how. Which could make a huge difference.

I did find this about using dendritic salt to anchor with:
1 tsp per pound, add EO or FO to salt, dissovle in a bit of heated water, soap or oils. Add to product.

Digit

What is dendritic salt?

pink-north said:
Hi everyone, I was reading a thread about using orris root to fix the scent in soaps. I've never done this, but would like some help. Can anyone give me some pointers please? I would really appreciate it.

I have never used it for soap, I usually use benzoin which I find works well. i am in Ottawa area - do you know where to get orris root?? I need it for pot pourri??

Latest posts

Back