Oregon Trails fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it years ago, and unless they changed the formula, it smells exactly like the shampoo (which I used to use years ago). And it's STRONG.
Good to know, thank you!

So I ended up getting it. I’m such a sucker for 70s-80s shampoo scents, and I vaguely recall it, but I don’t think we ever had it, and by the time I was old enough to pick my own shampoo, I think Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific was long gone (1980-90 were ages 8-18 for me). Either that, or it wasn’t on my radar. There were quite a few 70s products that were still around in the 80s, that I wish I had tried, or only bought a few times.

I did have the Vermont Country Store version of the shampoo before, and it kind of smelled like Lancôme Miracle, and it was awful on my hair (and I normally love a good old school sulfate type of shampoo). The Somethin Special fragrance oil sample I got smells different, like a spicy floral/ carnation (so familiar smelling though?). Her Agree shampoo fragrance oil doesn’t really smell like Agree to me, but her Victoria’s Secret Vanilla Lace smells spot on like the original, so I’m wondering if her Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific was right. I do like it.

So now I’m dying of curiosity about this Oregon Trails one :). Hope it comes soon!

The Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific came today. It smells just like the one from Somethin Special, a hint of musk with carnation, but in a shampoo-y clean way, type of a scent. Nothing like the Lancôme Miracle perfume type scent of today’s Vermont Country Store version. My sister said it smells familiar because we did in fact have it in the 80s. I like it, it’s good :).

The Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific came today. It smells just like the one from Somethin Special, a hint of musk with carnation, but in a shampoo-y clean way, type of a scent. Nothing like the Lancôme Miracle perfume type scent of today’s Vermont Country Store version. My sister said it smells familiar because we did in fact have it in the 80s. I like it, it’s good :).
What else did you order? Just curious

What else did you order? Just curious
Just this from this company. I also bought some M&P soap bases, Flowering Herbs & Vanilla FO from Whole Sale Supplies Plus, Whipped Cream & Orange Sherbet FO from Indigo Fragrance Oils, and Vanilla Lace from Nature’s Garden.

I do like the Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and it’s pretty concentrated, so I might buy from this company again.

Just this from this company. I also bought some M&P soap bases, Flowering Herbs & Vanilla FO from Whole Sale Supplies Plus, Whipped Cream & Orange Sherbet FO from Indigo Fragrance Oils, and Vanilla Lace from Nature’s Garden.

I do like the Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and it’s pretty concentrated, so I might buy from this company again.

I've said this before, but if you like sandalwood, OT's Mysore Sandalwood is the best I've found. I also really like her Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss. Bonsai is good (and strong), and one that I really like that goes under the radar is her Mardi Gras. Really nice, and really well behaved. When I started with M&P 15+years ago, I discovered her fragrances, and those are ones that I never forgot and ordered when I came back to soaping, this time doing CP.

I've said this before, but if you like sandalwood, OT's Mysore Sandalwood is the best I've found. I also really like her Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss. Bonsai is good (and strong), and one that I really like that goes under the radar is her Mardi Gras. Really nice, and really well behaved. When I started with M&P 15+years ago, I discovered her fragrances, and those are ones that I never forgot and ordered when I came back to soaping, this time doing CP.
Yes I do like sandalwood, very much. I’ll go poke around over there and see what else they have. Thank you!

If you like deep earthy fragrances I think they are winners at OT. My favorites include the Egyptian Musk and the Egyptian Dragon. In the opposite direction I like the Hibiscus Splendor, a really nice crisp clean floral.

I just posted in the shopping thread that OT has free shipping through tomorrow July 4th for orders over $100, with code FREESHIP

I had just re-ordered Bonsai, Green Tweed, Pineapple, Frankincense & Myrrh, and Mysore Sandalwood and trial sizes of new to me White Witch and White Patchouli In June. Now I just went crazy and re-ordered Oakmoss & Amber, Peche de Vigne, and Sapmoss, as well as a bunch of others that are new to me - Coconut Breeze, Mardi Gras, Lavender Fields, Cranberry Apple Crush, Black Fig & Honey, German Chamomile Tea, Confederate Jasmine, Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss and Amber Dawn.

It’s not too early to start making soaps for the fall and winter holidays, right? 🍁🍂🎄❄️

I just posted in the shopping thread that OT has free shipping through tomorrow July 4th for orders over $100, with code FREESHIP

I had just re-ordered Bonsai, Green Tweed, Pineapple, Frankincense & Myrrh, and Mysore Sandalwood and trial sizes of new to me White Witch and White Patchouli In June. Now I just went crazy and re-ordered Oakmoss & Amber, Peche de Vigne, and Sapmoss, as well as a bunch of others that are new to me - Coconut Breeze, Mardi Gras, Lavender Fields, Cranberry Apple Crush, Black Fig & Honey, German Chamomile Tea, Confederate Jasmine, Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss and Amber Dawn.

It’s not too early to start making soaps for the fall and winter holidays, right? 🍁🍂🎄❄️
Their cranberry crush is awesome!

Latest posts

Back