Oregon Trails fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgogoddess

Reaction score
I really love Oregon trails for fragrance oils. I’m about to put in a big order and want to know If anyone has an absolute favorite they’d like to share with me. I really love their frankincense and myrrh. Ylang ylang, mystic myrrh and others but just want to know if I’m missing out on a gem. 🤣

I've only just received my first sample pack from them. While I haven't soaped with any of these yet, I can say that OOB I'm in love with Peche de Vigne, and really like Columbian Coffee, too.

I just went and added 3 more to my list! Bonsai, green Irish Tweed was on my list already but I added Colombian coffee, vanilla bourbon. I’m kind of amazed how everyone likes Peche de Vigne! I just made lotion bars with that one. Cranberry crush is so good and so is blackberry musk. I’m really a fan of their fragrance oils, they’re so complex. Thanks everyone for the help!

Mysore Sandalwood, Egyptian Musk, Egyptian Dragon are my favorites; I like her Creamy Coconut. I have heard others say it fades but I find it stronger at 6 months. It is the sweet scent when you open a bag of Baker's sweetened coconut. Blends well with lemongrass, vanilla or the Peche de vigne. I also use her Black Raspberry Vanilla.

I just made Egyptian dragon!

Attachments

• 2001154C-4989-413E-8334-C593320C52C8.jpeg
    2001154C-4989-413E-8334-C593320C52C8.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 8430E4BB-2F84-42DF-9C17-33B79E2EC968.jpeg
    8430E4BB-2F84-42DF-9C17-33B79E2EC968.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 43
She does do sales but not often. Some years none and some years one or two but no pattern that I can predict. You are correct that shipping is high and I think higher than it should be since fragrances are in plastic bottles. I like several of her fragrances and just accept it as part of their cost. If I make a large order once per year it doesn't seem as bad.

I've tried to get on her mailing list (which it occasionally sounds like she has) but it's never worked. Because even when Suz says she's going to offer a sale, I never see it in the online pricing, so I am thinking the "sale" is a coupon code sent to her mailing list.

That being said, I do love some of her fragrances. I started soaping about 15 years ago, then stopped for about 10 years, and when I started up again, I could still remember some of her fragrances and had to order them. The OT fragrances I was unable to forget (and unable to do without) are:
Bonsai
Sapmoss
Mysore Sandalwood (the BEST sandalwood I have ever smelled)
Mardi Gras
Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss

It’s suppose to smell like the old shampoo. Personally it’s very clean and detergent smelling. Not my type of fragrance but some people like it. Sorry I can’t describe it any better.

Okay thank you! I was wondering if she got the florals/carnation and spice right. I noticed the shipping was high and wasn’t sure if it was worth the risk. The scent recreations of some of these products from the past can be very hit or miss, I’ve noticed.

*I should add I do like the version Somethin Special has of this fragrance, but she’s on vacation for a few weeks, and I’m not sure if her oils can be used in soap making..

Okay thank you! I was wondering if she got the florals/carnation and spice right. I noticed the shipping was high and wasn’t sure if it was worth the risk. The scent recreations of some of these products from the past can be very hit or miss, I’ve noticed.

*I should add I do like the version Somethin Special has of this fragrance, but she’s on vacation for a few weeks, and I’m not sure if her oils can be used in soap making..
From what I can remember it smells just like it.

Back