Oregon Trail Soap Supplies-Opinions Please!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane

Reaction score
Wood Violet & Maple and Spa Moss?? Has anyone ever tried these FO's? I just ordered samples! Can't wait to get them but I am eager to hear your opinions! I am not ordering from Wellington again, too many bad comments!

I have a lot of FO's from them, including wood violet and sugar maple. I really like it. It's not overly maple-y, hard to describe, but like an earthy floral with a sweet overtone. It soaped very well in cp and turned a light tan. I really wanted to make this one and I'm calling it Wisconsin because wood violets and sugar maples are our state flower and tree.

Oh, I love Wisonsin! My Mom lives there, how beautiful it is! It just sounded so good I couldn't resist! Thanks!

I hate bad customer service! I hope all goes well with my order...gulp! I have some pretty bad luck. Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't had any issues, either. The new frosted lemon pound cake is awesome, too! Just like a lemon cake with powdered sugar icing.

Oh good, that makes me feel better! I have such bad luck with suppliers it seems.

The lemon pound cake sounds great! I had a hard time deciding which scents to choose. There were so many interesting options. I got a couple basics but I really liked that they had some different ones than most companies. Heres what I ordered:

Wood Violet and Maple
Vanilla Cream
Spa-Moss
Rosemary & Mint
Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey
Got Milk? (I thought I could mix this with tons of stuff to add creaminess)
Brown Sugar

I did get a lot of basics but I figured I could mix them with a lot more to create my own scents.

I got it (3 weeks after I ordered) and it does smell like baby wipes. I really don't want to bathe in baby wipes so it just sits on the shelf. :(

I don't blame you- but- weird fact- a lot of professional makeup artists carry baby wipes to use for cleansing the skin. Personally I never liked the feel of the towelettes on the face- Redken classes that I attended years ago always taught that tissues/paper products contain wood chips, and therefore are not good for cleansing the delicate facial skin.

Wow that is interesting, never thought about it before. I could never clean my face with a baby wipe! Yuck

Well most are formulated with gentle cleansers, so technically it's safe (even though the idea is rather gross, I agree.) I just dislike the idea of the paper on the skin, as well as any residue from them that's left on the skin.

Oh, I completely forgot to add that besides the fact that I waitied almost a month and that got milk smells like baby wipes the other oils I bought are awesome! The Wood Violet & Maple is the most amazing scent ever. I am completely in love and could just surround myself with it!

I find the baby wipe discussion hilarious, cuz I have a 16 month old and we use use baby wipes for EVERYTHING. Okay, maybe not everything, but they sure are handy for wiping down my son and everything his grimy little fingers touch. :lol:

Back