Order/shipment conundrum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryloucb

Reaction score
I ordered some essential oils from Sun Pure Botanicals on July 28th. When I hadn't heard anything after 2 weeks, I started emailing. I probably emailed 6 times and called asking what the status of the order was. No response. On August 27th I sent a final email saying that I had disputed the charge with my credit card company (this was a month after I placed my order.) I was very nice about it and even wished them well and told them I hoped everything was ok. The credit card company credited my money back. On September 3rd I received a shipping confirmation for the order. I replied saying "please do not ship this order!" They shipped it anyway. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do. Should I refuse the shipment? I reordered these essential oils from another supplier, so I don't really need them. I don't want to deal with shipping them back.

Last edited:
I would email them and ask for a shipping label so you can return them. If they won't provide that, keep the eos or give them to someone who could use them

It sure seems like a lot of people have had the same problem with this company. I know I did - and this was over a year ago, so they apparently haven't figured out how to correct the issues. Not responding to inquiries (which is what I also experienced) is pretty inexcusable, so I feel like it is, in part, their fault. You tried to tell them to cancel the shipment, so I think you have done everything you could do. So, I agree with @Obsidian. If they won't send you a label to return the shipment I don't think you should have to pay to return the EOs.

Last edited:
You can also refuse the shipment. It's a bit easier if you are home when it is delivered, but if you aren't, you should be able to write, "refused, return to sender" on the box, and have the delivery service take it away.

You can also refuse the shipment. It's a bit easier if you are home when it is delivered, but if you aren't, you should be able to write, "refused, return to sender" on the box, and have the delivery service take it away.
Unfortunately we don't get home mail service here where I live, so it's not that simple. They dropped it in a package locker for me and it's considered delivered.

I sent a request for a return label, and--no big surprise--I got no response. Guess I'm keeping them?

Latest posts

Back