Orange Spice Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris Ann

Reaction score
This is a soap I made right after Christmas. The light orange color is the result of 15% of the soap formula being olive oil infused with annatto seeds. The darker part is from added French Red Clay. It’s scented with Orange 10x, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, and a bit of cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.

Attachments

• E3F7D914-1562-4A35-B086-3110C1AE9A42.jpeg
    E3F7D914-1562-4A35-B086-3110C1AE9A42.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 41
This is a soap I made right after Christmas. The light orange color is the result of 15% of the soap formula being olive oil infused with annatto seeds. The darker part is from added French Red Clay. It’s scented with Orange 10x, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, and a bit of cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.

I love your scent combination! I bet it smells amazing!

Looks amazing! I’ve read cinnamon and other spices are harmful to the skin and should be avoided, do you find this untrue?

I think you have to be careful about the amount you use and not exceed the recommended levels. I generally use the levels recommended by Jan Berry. At the level I have used, I haven’t noticed any irritation. You can’t use a lot of clove oil anyways. It accelerates trace faster than any other EO I’ve seen.

Back