Orange Soap Green Inside

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillipJ

Reaction score
I made some lightly colored orange soap yesterday, and when I cut it, it was a light greenish white inside. The color is good on all the edges. It's as if the heat from gelling drove the color off. Wonder how often this happens, and if the color will come back as it ages.

i bought a slice of GM soap last week and it was a chocolate scent (very dark brown color - like chocolate!). anyway, the store that was selling it had loafs and they sliced off a piece when you bought it. this piece was dark brown on the outside (where it was exposed to air) and very light colored on the inside, cut suface. it was also super soft on the inside....

long story short...after the cut side was exposed to air and started to dry it turned the same color as the outside.

Soaps can do that. I would not worry about it. I posted pictures of my soap I made using Pink Sugar. As time goes on, it is getting darker. But if you cut it apart, the inside will not be dark like the outside. Given time though, it will turn just as dark as the outside.

This exact same thing happened to me last week. See my post of Jan.8: Why did my soap turn blue? My pale yellow soap was in a Martha Mold and I was gelling it. It looked really nice but when I unmolded it and cut it, it was a blue-green in the middle...sort of like a gel ring. I was very disappointed because this sure did not look like something you would want to pick up and wash yourself with!! Well, it is completely fine now on the drying rack. It took a few days but the off color just faded away and it is all a soft yellow. I still don't know why this happened exactly. Maybe the FO and maybe got too warm in the mold.

Thanks for you replies. Now I feel better.

It is too peutrid to take a picture of, like most of the soap I make. Lucky if I get one good batch out of six that actually works out as planned.

Mine do the same thing...For me, it's the vanilla in the FO, once it is exposed to the air, it darkens up. When I cut this today I though, "yikes...yellow is no color for chocolate soap..."

TurkishMocha.jpg

Latest posts

Back