Orange rosemary yolk milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd_198818

Reaction score
yesterday i made an on the fly batch after my boss called and told me to come in 3 hours later than usually. i found a couple of EO's on sale at a local supplement supply shop and thought i would give a new style of soap a go. whole milk soap with a few yolks added.

Lard (manteca)- 23%
Olive oil- 22%
Rice Bran oil- 19%
Coconut oil- 18%
Palm oil- 16%
Cocoa butter- 2%

superfat @ 6% with 30% of the of the recipe as a combination of whole milk and the 3 egg yolks.

made 4.2lbs total oil and milk weight

these were just about the remainders of a few of these ingredients.. (lard, palm, and cocoa butter) so i tried to make a recipe that would work.

hardness- 42
cleansing- 13
conditioning- 54
bubbly- 13
creamy- 29
iodine- 64
ins- 141

i soaped very cool, frozen milk with lye. added 2.5 tbsps honey to lye solution. got the oils to room temp and blended the yolks into the oils. added lye solution to oils and gave it a whir. at trace added .5oz orange EO, .3oz rosemary EO, and 2 teaspoons finely finely chopped fresh rosemary from my garden :)

when i first poured, it set to a thick pudding consistency within 5 minutes, so i decided to play with the top a bit. looked like butterscotch but quickly started turning a beige color and setting up.
woke up this morning to a REALLY hard log of soap, and cut.

all looks fairly well so far! smells of a light orange, and herbacious note from the rosemary really tyes it together. do you think the orange will completely dissipate? i have heard people say that they have no luck with citrus unless it is distilled 5x or 10x even..

IMAG2453.jpg

IMAG2454.jpg

IMAG2459.jpg

Thats really pretty and the recipe sounds fantastic. I really like yokes in my soap, makes such rich lather.

I'm totally new in soaping and have never heard of using yolks before! What a neat idea. *add to list…using yolks*

Your soap looks fantastic!!:grin:

Jessie

thank all of you so much! soaping is too fun! the ph is good, and i have washed my hands a few times already with one of the end bars of this soap. so creamy and bubbly! very light scent.

Latest posts

Back