Orange Peel Powder Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judithyw

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been researching here & everywhere about how to get the orange essential oil scent to hold.. and to no avail - no surprises!! My sweet orange essential oil soap is now scentless after 3 months. :(
So I've been wondering if orange peel powder works to help keep the scent or if it adds to the scent? can I add fresh grated orange peel?
I've looked into bramble berry 10x but it doesn't ship to my country; and also orange peel wax is unavailable here and the international shipping is about 50x the price of the wax :( :(
Anyone has any simple solutions to help the orange essential oil scent stay? (I'm only keen on EO and not FOs..) Should I just give up?? :O

I have heard that adding May Chang (Litsea Cubeba) essential oil helps to hold the orange scent. If you are going to add orange peel you should dry it. I dry orange peel and then make powder out of it. It doesn't really add much scent, but it adds a little color and texture.

I have heard that adding May Chang (Litsea Cubeba) essential oil helps to hold the orange scent. If you are going to add orange peel you should dry it. I dry orange peel and then make powder out of it. It doesn't really add much scent, but it adds a little color and texture.
oh thats good to know! thanks... I was imagining making orange cake - and I add fresh zest in~~ of course soap is not cake! :p
I will try that next time...
and yes im looking into may chang now too!! its in my shopping cart. thanks for that.

Back