Orange cream soda

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I know it doesn't really look like a cream soda but it reminds me of the orange soda ice cream floats that my grandmother used to make when I stayed overnight. We would eat one at 11:30 pm and then watch Benny Hill at midnight. So much fun!

Attachments

• AddText_09-10-10.52.41_wm_compress0.jpg
    AddText_09-10-10.52.41_wm_compress0.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 33
Loving the colour ... and the name. What is the fragrance? Does it match?

... Was thinking; the story is so compelling, if you are unsure about the name (as your wording hinted that), would it be inappropriate or too long to call it Grandma's orange soda ice cream floats or a slightly shorter form? Hope it's not presumptuous to ask.

Your story is so lovely and nostalgic that it makes me think that it could be a selling point, even if you are not selling commercially.

Last edited:
The soap looks good to me. I remember Benny Hill. We thought he was so naughty; but by today's standards his show was mild.

Loving the colour ... and the name. What is the fragrance? Does it match?

... Was thinking; the story is so compelling, if you are unsure about the name (as your wording hinted that), would it be inappropriate or too long to call it Grandma's orange soda ice cream floats or a slightly shorter form? Hope it's not presumptuous to ask.

Your story is so lovely and nostalgic that it makes me think that it could be a selling point, even if you are not selling commercially.
Thank you very much. I like the naming idea. I might shorten it a little. I am going to play around with it and I will let you know what I come up with. Maybe "grandma's orange cream soda float".
The soap looks good to me. I remember Benny Hill. We thought he was so naughty; but by today's standards his show was mild.
Yeah my dad would get mad at my grandma for letting me watch it. She would say Kenny pull the stick out, he's 16 lol!

With today's standard Benny Hill would barely be TV-13 lol.

Ooh I think it looks like a float. Looks gorgeous! I have the WSP fragrance formulator in Champagne but have only used it in candles. I’ll have to try using it in soap some time 😊

Thank you very much. I like the naming idea. I might shorten it a little. I am going to play around with it and I will let you know what I come up with. Maybe "grandma's orange cream soda float".

Yeah my dad would get mad at my grandma for letting me watch it. She would say Kenny pull the stick out, he's 16 lol!

With today's standard Benny Hill would barely be TV-13 lol.
I was thinking exactly the same name....maybe Grandma’s Orange Soda Float to make it shorter

Grandmas Creamsicle Soda Float?

Love the nod to grandma, what a great memory! I personally love when there is a back story to designs. This design matches the story perfectly.

Thanks. She lived across the street from me and I spent a lot of time with her.
I had a similar situation - my parent's home is a two family home. One set of grandparents lived on one side, we lived on the other. The other set of grands lived behind us, so we were all very close. Now my family lives in my grandparents' side of the two family home, with my parents. Its so nice for my kids to have their grands so close by :)

I've had an idea similar to that in my mind since before I started making soap altho the reference is orange creamsicle which takes me waaaaayyyyy back to my childhood. Certainly orange crush is another one. Love the story and and the soap!

@Todd Ziegler ...one more msg and you hit 1k messages lol
I didn't realize that, cool!
I had a similar situation - my parent's home is a two family home. One set of grandparents lived on one side, we lived on the other. The other set of grands lived behind us, so we were all very close. Now my family lives in my grandparents' side of the two family home, with my parents. Its so nice for my kids to have their grands so close by :)
We traded houses when I was a little kid. I remember everyone carrying things across the street. I was to young to help.
I've had an idea similar to that in my mind since before I started making soap altho the reference is orange creamsicle which takes me waaaaayyyyy back to my childhood. Certainly orange crush is another one. Love the story and and the soap!
I have orange Creamsicle FO but it has to much vanillin in it and I didn't want it turning brown.

Latest posts

Back