Orange cologne fragrance oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayGrants

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get, or how to make, a fragrance oil that smells like an orange or citrus scented type cologne? I'm looking for something that smells like Clinique Happy for men if you are familiar with that cologne. This would be used in CP soap.

I am open to any and all suggestions and I am very flexible when it comes to scents. If anyone has a recipe for an EO blend that fits the description that would be great as well, or even just a suggestion for a blend of FO's and EO's that fit the bill. I really love orange scents with a musky type base and I would love to be able to get my hands on or recreate a fragrance like this. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!!

Try this site to create your own blends or use others: Find Free Essential Oil Blends - Essential Oil Calculator
Or have a look at some of the fragrance suppliers that do 'dupes' of popular perfumes. I can't; say I've seen 'Happy' anywhere but there are others similar you might be able to tweak with the addition of some orange or lemon EO.

Wow that is so amazing and helpful, I did not know about this. Thank you so much for the quick reply and the excellent response.

Mind-smells wonderful and complex! I don't see a strong "orange" note in it, though...

Clinique Happy is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men.
Top notes: Mandarin Orange, Lime, Sea Notes, Lemon and Green Notes;
Middle notes: Freesia, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley and Rose;
Base notes: Cypress, Cedar, Musk and Guaiac Wood.

I searched yesterday for clinique happy for men type and did not find much that will work. There is a fragrance oil from africa imports which I have never used. It's pretty cheap for a FO, but there's a $100 min order.

It's much easier to find a dupe for the women's perfume Happy.

I searched yesterday for clinique happy for men type and did not find much that will work. There is a fragrance oil from africa imports which I have never used. It's pretty cheap for a FO, but there's a $100 min order.

It's much easier to find a dupe for the women's perfume Happy.
That’s so nice of you to research it for me.

Had to go through a few customer reviews to know what the Clinique Happy for men smelled like. The essential oils that can replicate the aroma of the top note are bergamot or litsea cubeba. The middle note can be fulfilled by rose otto oil and the base can be of myrrh or citronella. Try a fragrance calculator to get the right volumes.

@Sara Smith from Mount Avenue. Hi!
Wave.gif
And WELCOME to SMF!

I'm looking for something that smells like Clinique Happy for men

Clinique Happy For Men Cologne Spray
is cool, crisp, with a hint of citrus. A refreshing scent for men. Wear it and be happy.

Fragrance Family - Citrus

Key Notes
  • Top - lime, mandarin, lemon
  • Middle - freesia, jasmine, sea notes
  • Base - cypress, musk, guaiac wood, cedar
ETA: Oops! I see I've already responded. Oh well. The second post is more definitive maybe?

Last edited:
I have never smelled Happy, but I had a couple thoughts. I use Happy Men from NDA. Also from your description I thought of Blood Orange and Meyer Lemon from WSP. These are all FOs. Meyer Lemon has a musky base. You can mix EOs and FOs to get what you want. A little Lemongrass would crisp it up.
ETA: I add Lime EO to Happy Men.

Thanks soapmaker, I have used Happy Men by NDA and it is actually pretty close to the original fragrance, but it is not the best quality and I was looking for something a bit better. I will check out the blood orange and meyer lemon. Thanks for the advice!!!

Thanks soapmaker, I have used Happy Men by NDA and it is actually pretty close to the original fragrance, but it is not the best quality and I was looking for something a bit better. I will check out the blood orange and meyer lemon. Thanks for the advice!!!
I agree, not the best quality. I like NDA's E.O.s but not many F.O.s.

Back