Orange Blossom/Flower Water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Anyone try using orange flower water as a facial cleanser? I read that it retains 25% dispersed EO. Becuase of the dispersed EO it suppose to act as an emulsifier too. Have u used it as an emulsifier? Would appreciate ur feedback.

I have used floral water in lotions, but not by itself. I don't think it will work on its on as an emulsifier.

I have used floral water in lotions, but not by itself. I don't think it will work on its on as an emulsifier.

Thx for ur respone.

I like ur peter rabbit avatar. Got the real deal at hm. He gets a bath today.

I use plain wTer to wash my face in the shower. I used to spritz with a hydrosol after but didn’t notice too much difference when I ran out.

I don’t see why orange water wouldn’t work but (to me) it seems pricy enough to prefer it as a leave on. I think it took at least 2 weeks for my skin to adjust to the lack of soap/cleanser. Your mileage may vary, I’m relatively young compared to a lot of the daily posters

I like ur peter rabbit avatar. Got the real deal at hm. He gets a bath today.
Off topic -
You shouldn't bath bunnies please, we don't like it.
https://rabbit.org/the-dangers-of-giving-a-rabbit-a-bath/

I've had bunnies for over 30 yrs, I have bathed bunnies in the past because it was necessary due to medical issues, but have decided it's not worth the angst anymore. They don't need a bath, a bit like cats, they groom themselves and I find some coat combing to get all the hair off in moulting season is enough ( how do I know). Pippi's coat is coming out in handfuls now, I think we can make another rabbit with the left over fur :eek:.

This is how I'd end up if I gave Pippi a bath, The Tasmanian devil all over me.

Last edited:
Back