Orange 10X EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
I like a lightly scented soap so I use 3% EO in CP. I use my soap not long after cure ~6 weeks and the scent is fine. I've heard that citrus EO fades with time. My questions are, at what age of the soap will the EO fade so that's its not detectable when soap is lathered and how much EO should I use to counteract fade?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I use 10x orange E.O. at 4%. From NDA. For me it lasts at least 6 months, even longer but it definitely fades after 6 months. I know others think it fades much sooner so is this just our different noses? Most likely anyone who sells soap knows that everyone's nose is different!

Orange EO fades.
Period.
I have never found an amount that is skin safe that didn't.

That's part of the reason I use FO's ( I'm a FO ho).
JMHO YMMV
So doesn't citrus F.O.'s fade? I didn't think they had much staying power either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I' ve had really good luck with NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. I don't notice much pepper but it sticks for me. I have soap a year old that still smells mostly orangey. I use it at 6%.

Orange EO fades.
Period.
I have never found an amount that is skin safe that didn't.

That's part of the reason I use FO's ( I'm a FO ho).
JMHO YMMV
I agree.

With the exception of Lime, Lemongrass and Bergamot EO's, every other citrus EO I have tried fades within 6 months, or shortly after the 6 month period.

So doesn't citrus F.O.'s fade? I didn't think they had much staying power either.
I've had much better luck with citrus FO's than with citrus EO's, but for the most part I don't use many citrus scents other than Lime - which I do use EO for as I have some soaps several years old with Lime EO that are still scented nicely.

I can't tell you exactly when fading occurs but I have long lasting scent with Sweet Orange from Liberty Natural - 10 fold oil. Using anything other than 10 fold fades quickly!

I use 10x orange E.O. at 4%. From NDA. For me it lasts at least 6 months, even longer but it definitely fades after 6 months. I know others think it fades much sooner so is this just our different noses? Most likely anyone who sells soap knows that everyone's nose is different!

NDA? I bought some lemon EO from Brambleberry and now smells almost like vinager! I'm so disappointed. This was my first purchase from them. I'm looking for a better supplier, any help in that department would be greatly appreciated!

NDA? I bought some lemon EO from Brambleberry and now smells almost like vinager! I'm so disappointed. This was my first purchase from them. I'm looking for a better supplier, any help in that department would be greatly appreciated!
New Directions Aromatics. I buy most of my E.O.s from them. They last a long time and I have never been disappointed.

Latest posts

Back