Opinions on this hand cream please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she is relabelling she also still needs to register with the EU portal and upload the products under their new product name and list the ingredients. It's totally unacceptable to re label without the full ingredient list and in the correct inci terms and the manufacturers contact address details are also required on the label. I would imagine it's all completely illegal and that there is no certificate to be found. Not listing all the ingredients is appalling, what if someone had an allergy and ended up dying from anaphylaxis?!?!?!

My first reaction was an incomplete list of ingredients and a garbage product. I have no doubt there is more preservative in that product than any "goodness". In the last few years, there has been a trend towards omitting ingredients and listing them out of order even by big companies. I still buy some products from L'Occitane but I have to go to the store to read the ingredient list and they are one of the better companies when it comes to labeling. It is getting ridiculous in the US.

Beeswax trivia -- From what I can tell, "virgin" beeswax is a term not often used by beekeepers. One researcher used the name to describe the small bits of wax made by bees before this wax is fashioned into comb. Another meaning I found is beeswax that was made within the current year (less than 1 year old). Others use it for light colored comb that has contained only honey and not for the darker comb that has been used to raise baby bees (brood comb). Some seem to use this name for cappings wax (the pale layer of wax that seals off the top surface of honey comb). So "virgin beeswax" could be used to describe any recently made, pale colored beeswax, but there's not any consistency of use amongst people who do use the term.

Forgive me for temporarily hijacking this thread, but thank you for this! I was recently given some beeswax straight out of a hive and was wondering what that dark stuff was. I'd love some advice on how to best filter it out - I'll start a new thread.

I would have assumed "virgin" beeswax was unprocessed. The stuff straight from the hive looks nothing like the lightly filtered brick I got from the local beekeeper's store (they called it "raw") which is greenish-tan in color, which looks nothing like the yellow or white "processed" beeswax I got at the soap store.

Ditto on all the issues with this product label and formula. Not to mention the deceptive marketing. That really makes me angry.

If she is relabelling she also still needs to register with the EU portal and upload the products under their new product name and list the ingredients. It's totally unacceptable to re label without the full ingredient list and in the correct inci terms and the manufacturers contact address details are also required on the label. I would imagine it's all completely illegal and that there is no certificate to be found. Not listing all the ingredients is appalling, what if someone had an allergy and ended up dying from anaphylaxis?!?!?!

Had a long chat with the friend hosting the party last night. I said I'd think twice about it cos what if someone has an allergic reaction? Who are they going to come back to??

And apparently the miron glass bottles are preserving the cream!! Oh dear!!

There was a case recently where a curry restaurant owner has gone to prison for his staff failing to tell someone with a peanut allergy that their dishes contained nuts. The poor guy died alone in his flat of anaphylactic shock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36360111

That's a shame and why I can be a little leery when trying food from a mom/pop eatery with my daughter around. At least if I get an accidental overdose of soy, I will have a raging migraine for 36 hrs.

Back