Opinions On My Business Name(s) & Current Logo Wanted!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busymammaof3

Reaction score
I have a new shop on etsy. It's empty but I'll begin to fill it with photos of products tomorrow, hopefully. I worked a good couple of days on a 3 dimensional logo. It's not perfect and I ultimately need to add some lotion bottles and body butter jas to the graphic. But for now, it's what I have. You can check out the logo at http://www.emcc.etsy.com. What does everyone think?

Also, I am having a tough time deciding on which business name to stick with. I started out with Erin's Custom Creations (a couple years ago). I played around with a ton of ideas on paper for some time and that's what I came up with.

Since then, I have changed it to Erin Marie's Custom Creations (to make it more unique-Erin is such a common name). Then a friend suggested simply "Erin Marie's." Like "Mary Kay." But I decided it was not specific enough. And didn't describe the type of products I sell, to draw the right type of audience. So, I went back to Erin Marie's Custom Creations....but it is so long, it takes up too much space on my labels and logos. What does everyone think?

It's hard isn't, picking a name. Mine is a long one so I know what you mean about fitting on labels and such. I think your banner looks great. I'm having a new one done for my shop by a girl on Etsy, I really liked her stlye. I can't wait to get it loaded into the shop! Have heaps of fun loading in all your soaps, I think thats sometimes the best bit, seeing what they look like!

Thanks

Thanks Gobbler's Rum & Starduster!

Any personal preference on which of the names I listed, you like the most? :?:

The banner is my 1st (official) hand at 3 dimensional graphics. Still have a way to go, before I'll consider myself fluent in that area. :wink:

Re: Tuff

starduster said:
Symathysing but no suggestions.
It's tuff working that one out.
Mary :roll:

Yeah, it sure is. Thanks for the support though, Starduster. :wink:

Hey!

I wonder if you should add something pertaining to it being a soap/bath and body business in your business name?

Like "Erin Marie's Bath & Body" or "Erin Marie's Soap Shoppe", etc.

If you need a logo made for cheap, let me know. I used to work for a Graphic Designer and have some experience. :)

Hi there,
Love "Erin Marie's Bath & Body". Ashley is totally right; you should pick a name that shows direcly what you're selling.
Good luck!

Thanks Gals!

Erin's Custom Creations was one of the original choices...but since Erin's such a common name...and many people online use Custom Creations...I want it to be more unique.

"Erin Marie's Soap Shoppe" sounds nice. I have given it thought in the past. I like the Shoppe term.

Do you think it's sufficient, even though I sell soap, creams, lotions, body butter, soy candles, etc?

I would shorten it to either Erin Marie's Bath or Erin Marie Bath. I think the later sounds classy.

Thanks, Tabithat & Stardust..

You Girls are sweet. :0)

I like the sound of Erin Marie's Bath...AND Erin Marie Bath.

Can't decide wether I want it with the s or not. The perfectionist in me says with the s. But perfect isn't always best. ;0)

Hmm....

Re: Thanks, Tabithat & Stardust..

busymammaof3 said:
You Girls are sweet. :0)

I like the sound of Erin Marie's Bath...AND Erin Marie Bath.

Can't decide wether I want it with the s or not. The perfectionist in me says with the s. But perfect isn't always best. ;0)

Hmm....
There is only one logical way to sort this out.You and a few of your soap soriety under the plumb tree with some thing wet and bubbly and after a while you'll have it all worked out.
Seriously.Don't rush.Once you decide it will be with you a long time.
Give it a day or two and see how it feels.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :lol:

Thanks, I wish I had a soap gourp to sit under a plum tree! Heck, I wish I had a plum tree to sit under for that matter! LOL :wink:

I have been in this delima for some time. Getting anxious. LOL But I think it's kind of like a weeding dress. When you see the right one...you will know it!

These have also come to mind.

Bath of Oil

Bath N Beauty

Bath of Sheba

So far no one is using "Bath of Sheba". I am really liking that one! I was sure it was already a household name. But apparently not! :D

It would require a theme/design change (I have been working on my website with Yahoo Sitebuilder for over a year now). But it would be an elegant change. I'm thinking Wine red, gold and deep gree (nature) tones.

Of the variations so far, I like Erin's Bath & Body, or Erin Marie Bath. Not sure how the candle thing fits in with that, though. Maybe Erin Marie Bath and Candle Company. I really don't like "Custom Creations", nor do I care for the word "Shoppe" - but to each his own, right? It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. Best of luck with your endeavour!

Thanks, Surf Girl! I originally loved the phrase "Custom Creations." But as time progresses...I'm leaning more and more the other way.

Of all the names we've been throwig around so far...I am reallly liking Bath of Sheba. LOL I know it's one of the only ones no one suggested. LOL But Keep em coming...if you have more ideas/variations! This is great stimulation for that part of my brain! :D

Back