Opinions on Candles and Supplies scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarah

Reaction score
I’m curious about this supplier. A lot of their scents are skin safe and they seem to have an interesting line up.
Wondering if the scents are fairly concentrated or just kind of average?
It’s not like I need another supplier but I’m trying to replace CandleScience because frankly they just aren’t reliable anymore.

I’m curious about this supplier. A lot of their scents are skin safe and they seem to have an interesting line up.
Wondering if the scents are fairly concentrated or just kind of average?
It’s not like I need another supplier but I’m trying to replace CandleScience because frankly they just aren’t reliable anymore.
I know this supplier as they are only 90 minutes away from me and I have been there several times. It’s so nice to smell the scents in person. They have quite a collection of FOs. I have soaped with several. I have a lot going on today so I will edit this post a little later and let you know some details.

IMO Candles and Supplies doesn't get the credit they deserve. I use them quite often and they have decent cold and hot throw for candles and most all of the scents I've used in soap have been good. Like any supplier though, they do have hits and misses.
Their Candy corn Vanilla honey scent is one of the best candy corn scents I've ever tried in my candy corn candles.
(I know you are probably wondering more about soap than candles, but I make both, so...)

I know this supplier as they are only 90 minutes away from me and I have been there several times. It’s so nice to smell the scents in person. They have quite a collection of FOs. I have soaped with several. I have a lot going on today so I will edit this post a little later and let you know some details.

Thank you! 😊

IMO Candles and Supplies doesn't get the credit they deserve. I use them quite often and they have decent cold and hot throw for candles and most all of the scents I've used in soap have been good. Like any supplier though, they do have hits and misses.
Their Candy corn Vanilla honey scent is one of the best candy corn scents I've ever tried in my candy corn candles.
(I know you are probably wondering more about soap than candles, but I make both, so...)

Thanks! I’m definitely into the candle aspect too—I make soap and candles as a hobby right now. I’m just getting back into candles after a few months off. I got way too frustrated with wicking C3. I’m determined to nail it because I’m stubborn 😬

Not a very good pic, but this is the candle I was talking about that I use their Honey Vanilla / Candy Corn scent in (they have these scents separated on their site, but unless they have changed it, it's the same scent)
IMG_0078.JPG

Although I think they are geared more towards candles, they do have an impressive amount of soaping supplies and I have used several of their fragrance oils and in general i have been happy with them. Here’s a list of what I have.

Ginger...I’ve used this in combination with other FO like peach and it smells awesome and has stIll strong after several months.
Apricot Peach Bellini... One of the first FOs I used. Not quite as strong 7 months later but still smells nice
Lavender...Everyone who tried the soap made with this loved it. Still holding at 7 months. Moves a bit quick like most florals. Manageable though.
The following I have bought and soaped with within the last month so don’t know the staying power but they all held their scent and smell strong at a couple weeks.
Volcano...Fruity scent like Hawaiian Punch. I like it and I imagine kids would love it.
Cuban Tobacco...Love this one! My husband has gone gaga over it. Really nice.
Baby Powder...smells exactly like the real thing and it’s nice and strong. It did move fast though.
Apple Pumpkin...a Yankee Candle dupe...smells so good you want to eat it. More Apple than pumpkin. This would be amazing in a Candle.
Sea Breeze...I don’t love this one but it’s pleasant and clean and pretty strong.
Lemon Verbena... This one is ok. I love lemon verbena scents but this one smells a little fake to me. I haven’t used any other brands so I have nothing to compare it to.
Prickly Garden...I really like this one. It just smells clean and good. Hard to describe.
Cool Citrus Basil...another one that just smells nice to me. A nice clean scent.

The following I have but haven’t soaped with yet...
Agave & Oakmoss...smells amazing oob
Coconut Lemongrass ...also smells great oob
Lemongrass ...smells a little artificial oob but who knows...

So to sum it up...I’ve been happy with what I’ve gotten from them so far. I spent a lot of time smelling FOs in their store and there were a bunch I thought smelled terrible oob but then again I hated Earth Meets Sky from NS oob and once I soaped with it...OMG...love!
What I don’t like about them is there are really no reviews or notes on the behavior of the different oils, but they are very knowledgeable about the oils and give soaping lessons so I’m sure if you had any questions you could give them a call and they would help you out.

Although I think they are geared more towards candles, they do have an impressive amount of soaping supplies and I have used several of their fragrance oils and in general i have been happy with them. Here’s a list of what I have.

Ginger...I’ve used this in combination with other FO like peach and it smells awesome and has stIll strong after several months.
Apricot Peach Bellini... One of the first FOs I used. Not quite as strong 7 months later but still smells nice
Lavender...Everyone who tried the soap made with this loved it. Still holding at 7 months. Moves a bit quick like most florals. Manageable though.
The following I have bought and soaped with within the last month so don’t know the staying power but they all held their scent and smell strong at a couple weeks.
Volcano...Fruity scent like Hawaiian Punch. I like it and I imagine kids would love it.
Cuban Tobacco...Love this one! My husband has gone gaga over it. Really nice.
Baby Powder...smells exactly like the real thing and it’s nice and strong. It did move fast though.
Apple Pumpkin...a Yankee Candle dupe...smells so good you want to eat it. More Apple than pumpkin. This would be amazing in a Candle.
Sea Breeze...I don’t love this one but it’s pleasant and clean and pretty strong.
Lemon Verbena... This one is ok. I love lemon verbena scents but this one smells a little fake to me. I haven’t used any other brands so I have nothing to compare it to.
Prickly Garden...I really like this one. It just smells clean and good. Hard to describe.
Cool Citrus Basil...another one that just smells nice to me. A nice clean scent.

The following I have but haven’t soaped with yet...
Agave & Oakmoss...smells amazing oob
Coconut Lemongrass ...also smells great oob
Lemongrass ...smells a little artificial oob but who knows...

So to sum it up...I’ve been happy with what I’ve gotten from them so far. I spent a lot of time smelling FOs in their store and there were a bunch I thought smelled terrible oob but then again I hated Earth Meets Sky from NS oob and once I soaped with it...OMG...love!
What I don’t like about them is there are really no reviews or notes on the behavior of the different oils, but they are very knowledgeable about the oils and give soaping lessons so I’m sure if you had any questions you could give them a call and they would help you out.

Thank you for sharing @Jersey Girl 😊
I’m definitely going to give them a shot.

I make candles and I've been purchasing from candles and supplies for about 20 years. They're fragrances are amazing there hasn't really been a fragrance I don't like. My mom found a candle I made about 10 yrs ago in her closet and believe it or not that sucker smelled awesome when she lit it. They also have a nice liquid dye selection too.

I make candles and I've been purchasing from candles and supplies for about 20 years. They're fragrances are amazing there hasn't really been a fragrance I don't like. My mom found a candle I made about 10 yrs ago in her closet and believe it or not that sucker smelled awesome when she lit it. They also have a nice liquid dye selection too.
Every time I’ve been in there the store is filled with candle makers and they are all regulars. Makes me want to try my hand at candles.

I've used them for YEARS, like 10 years. And like any company they have their good ones I like, and some that do not smell so good. I found for me, Ijust have to order samples from different places and try them out. It's expensive, but when you find a good fragrance oil it's worth it. My favorite from Candles and Supplies is Blueberry Muffin. SOOOOO strong and has a great scent throw.

Latest posts

Back