Oops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
And I saw it coming too. But I didn't find a cold spot.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1466613142.219416.jpg

I'm totally fascinated by it! Just up and over the sides without a huge crater in the center? Please post cut pics as I'd love to see what it looks like on the inside.:)

Looks like it ruptured (volcano) out of the mold. Looks pretty neat. I have never seen a frost flower, it is gorgeous.

Thank you cmzaha. I can see it now! It is either much clearer on the computer rather than my phone or I needed your explanation to see it!

Last edited:
Yes I have been sick and it takes days to get it together to make even one loaf of soap so last night I mixed the lye and thought to hell with it I'll just get this done lol. Hubby was already in bed. So I mixed while the lye was still quite warm and I had melted the CO so that was warm too. I usually soap at room temp.

When I poured I thought hmm this might volcano on me but I left it on the counter and went to bed.

Went downstairs for some reason and saw the exploding soap and put it outside on the front porch to try and save it.

It's laundry soap I cut it today and it's surprisingly usable. Not quite as neat as I planned but not as bad as it could have been!

I'll take a photo of the cut slices tomorrow for you. And I guess I leaned to just leave the soaping for the next day haha.

Cut. Not sure if I can still take any to market like I planned if not I'll just grate most of it for laundry detergent. I keep a few bars for poop stain removal.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1466697781.722608.jpg

Impatience ;) I had been looking at the bowl of CO on the kitchen counter for over a week and just wanted to get rid of it!

And yet my counter is still not clean :(

I was just going to ask. What causes something like this?

I know having an entire loaf intact is not useful or practical and is a waste, but that was just gorgeous. I probably would have ended up cutting it too, but oh my, was that something- almost otherworldly.

Latest posts

Back