Oops, I did it again...cinnamon buns

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Don't blame me. A couple of my friends were coming over yesterday afternoon for coffee, and I wanted something good to go with, and that brioche in five recipe popped into my head, and it's fall and I thought cinnamon and why not cinnamon buns? Now, I have never made traditional brioche, so I don't know what that's like, but let me tell you, if it's better than this recipe, it should be illegal! I can't even explain to you how good these were. There was a delicate crispness to the tops where they had browned, and the insides were soft and pillowy. There was a lot of moaning as we pulled them apart with our fingers and ate them. There were enough so that I could give the girls some to take home with them, but oh, out of the oven has to be the best. Not to mention how good the house smelled.

I thought of them kind of last minute, so I didn't have cream cheese for the topping, just made a glaze with a little orange juice, some half and half and confectioner's sugar. Next time, I'd like to try a little cardamom powder in the dough, and some toasted pecans and orange zest mixed with the cinnamon sugar between the layers. OMG This is the recipe that inspired me. https://krausnickitchen.com/2013/02/23/cinnamon-buns-using-five-minutes-a-day-brioche/

Please, make some for yourself, for your family or for your friends. They will absolutely love you. And this dough is SIMPLE. Honestly. How it is so easy and manages to be so good, is beyond me. It just is. You can't see the steam in this pic, but trust me, it was steaming as I broke it open, and that steam smelled of yeast and cinnamon and sweetness...heaven. Make yourself some. :-D

cinnamon bun.jpg

*Oggles* Thanks for the link! Those look waay too delicious!

...navigator9...(If I knew all three of your real names, I would three name you...)

I have had a long stressful week, and my will power is just not that great today...

You are a bad influence.

Navigator, that looks amazing!! I can almost smell it from here! I wasn't quite that ambitious today but I did make a gluten free (my daughter is gluten intolerant) lemon meringue pie. It just came out of the oven. This is dessert for our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.

GF Lemon Meringue pie.jpg

*Oggles* Thanks for the link! Those look waay too delicious!
milky, you need to make this dough to see how incredibly easy it is, and all the delicious things you can make with it.

...navigator9...(If I knew all three of your real names, I would three name you...)

I have had a long stressful week, and my will power is just not that great today...

You are a bad influence.

Sorry about your stressful week. A warm cinnamon bun would help. :twisted:

That looks amazing!! Thanks for the link :)

Don't just bookmark that link, make some, and post the pics!

Navigator, that looks amazing!! I can almost smell it from here! I wasn't quite that ambitious today but I did make a gluten free (my daughter is gluten intolerant) lemon meringue pie. It just came out of the oven. This is dessert for our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.

Ooooooo...I love lemon meringue!!! Have a piece for me, and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I love a classic American the pumpkin pie, cinnamon buns it's nice too

Cinnamon buns... I wish. I'm still sick and I don't think I could stomach it at the moment.
Feel better fast!

Those are scrumptious looking!
They are, and what's really nice is that they can be frozen. I experimented by rolling out the dough, filling it, cutting it into individual rolls, and then wrapping them one by one in saran wrap and freezing them. Ideally, you would thaw them in the fridge overnight, take them out and let them rise, then bake, but I've taken them directly from the freezer, popped them into a muffin tin, covered loosely and them them rise then baked them. They were perfect. It's nice to have some in the freezer for when you're expecting guests. There's nothing like eating them fresh from the oven!!! I have some oranges to zest, I'm going to try the orange and cardamom version, but won't have time for a few days. I love cardamom and am anxious to see what those will taste like. You can make your friends very happy by showing up on their doorstep with a plate of fresh cinnamon buns. Don't tell them how easy it was, they'll think you worked all day. :D

Back