Only using SCI in a Shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudsandscrubs

Reaction score
Hello all! I was wondering if it was possible to use only sodium cocoyl isethionaye and cocamidopropyl in a Shampoo bar. I'll be adding in other things as well, like BTMS 50 and a few nourishing oils, but would it be possible to only use those two things as my surfactants? I really want to stay away from anything with sulfates and these two ingredients are the most cost affect, sulfate free things I can find so far. Thanks!

I suggest that you sign up for the swiftcraftymonkey blog. You will need to pay to access the information, (the cheapest rate of $1 per month), will give you access to many of her formulations and the rationale behind using each ingredient. IMO, it is well worth the $1 per month.;)

There's quite a few affordable sulfate free surfactants you can use in shampoo bars. SLSa is one that is often used with SCI and Coco B. I would definitely make sure that you know what pH the result shampoo bars are for any recipe of your own creation.

Latest posts

Back