Online Source for Growing Your Business

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to hear! I'm often suspicious of these kinds of things because if their main business is doing so well, why are they starting a business of consulting? 🤔
That is an absolutely fair question. She actually is running her soap business as well the last time I checked. How well it is doing I don't know.

Kenna has been around the soaping community longer than I have. She has given away a ton of helpful information on soaping over the years. She is a smart business woman and has turned her extensive knowledge into Modern Soapmaking.

That's good to hear! I'm often suspicious of these kinds of things because if their main business is doing so well, why are they starting a business of consulting? 🤔
As someone who is a bit entrepreneurial and who likes change and new horizons, I can see where they might tire of the day-to-day of a brick and mortar business, or even an online business. Or just want to do something new because that's the kind of personality they probably have.

I don't know as much about Kenna, but the Lovin' Soap couple also went from being two individuals with soap businesses, to a couple with a soap business + a non-profit that teaches soapmaking in developing countries, to a couple with a young child. Those kinds of life changes can also change priorities to allow for something with more flexibility than a storefront, which is pretty demanding on one's schedule. :)

Last edited:
Oh sure, I don't mean anything against these specific ones, I've just had a bad experience or two in the past where in retrospect I should have wondered a bit more why a supposedly successful person in their fields was giving it up in order to teach others how to be successful instead.

Oh sure, I don't mean anything against these specific ones, I've just had a bad experience or two in the past where in retrospect I should have wondered a bit more why a supposedly successful person in their fields was giving it up in order to teach others how to be successful instead.
Yes, I think we've all been taken a time or two by folks with a gift for the gab and not much else (wincing now at the memory of writing a $5k check to a fence company that filed for bankruptcy within the week).

wondered a bit more why a supposedly successful person in their fields was giving it up in order to teach others how to be successful instead.
Some also have the heart of a teacher. They want to share knowledge. They find success in helping other people be successful - especially women (because while men do make soap, they are a minority in this biz).

I purchased the Courage 2 Conquer course a few years ago - I don't think it's offered any more as they've switched their focus to Soapmaker 2 Moneymaker and NLS - but the course is always available for me to pick up where I left off, restart, or whatever I need to do. I should note that in 3 years, I have not yet finished the course, but I restart it every year and get a little further - my problem tends to be that I'm a slow learner so I find new information that I missed previous years. I've learned so much just from this, it really is a valuable course to me and worth the money spent for just the bit I've gone through. I'm picking it up again this month as I've freed up some time (har har) so we'll see if I get through it.

Latest posts

Back