Online mold size calculator ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarad

Reaction score
I used to use the Rational Soapmaker mold calculator but it seems to have gone offline. The domain is inactive now :(

Does anyone have a link to another online mold size calculator ? I know I can do it by hand, but I'm mathematically challenged and I prefer the easy enter numbers and click the button method :D

Maybe Paul can chime in -- what is the formula to figure out the liquid volume for a mold? I had it somewhere and now can't find it.

Thanks! Rachelle

I saw that but for some reason its not coming out correct for me. I must be doing something wrong...

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

I did a recipe last night with 80 oz total oils in my silvermoon log mold which is 20 x 3.5 x 2.75 and it was not even half full... any ideas?

itsmeroro said:
I saw that but for some reason its not coming out correct for me. I must be doing something wrong...

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

I did a recipe last night with 80 oz total oils in my silvermoon log mold which is 20 x 3.5 x 2.75 and it was not even half full... any ideas?

did you discount the water ? I know that affects the total at the end.

I have used Paul's figures to work out oil weight for a mould before and it worked fine....? I only take a 5% water discount and the recipe came out pretty well just right.

itsmeroro - are the dimensions you quote here the inside dimensions of your mould? That is the measurements you need. Using your figures I get 77 oz. oils so 80 should be okay. Weird..... :?

Tanya :)

itsmeroro said:

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

Are you sure you measured everything correctly? I'd have used 77 ounces of oils for that mold - maybe 80 if I soaped at 34% (lye conc) as I often do.

Yes, its the inner dimensions... I got 80 ounces... I discount at 6% with 33%. I am going to try and remake... maybe I measured wrong. Its possible!

Back