Quantcast

Online mold size calculator ?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

jbarad

Reaction score
I used to use the Rational Soapmaker mold calculator but it seems to have gone offline. The domain is inactive now :(

Does anyone have a link to another online mold size calculator ? I know I can do it by hand, but I'm mathematically challenged and I prefer the easy enter numbers and click the button method :D

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Maybe Paul can chime in -- what is the formula to figure out the liquid volume for a mold? I had it somewhere and now can't find it.

Thanks! Rachelle

itsmeroro

Reaction score
I saw that but for some reason its not coming out correct for me. I must be doing something wrong...

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

I did a recipe last night with 80 oz total oils in my silvermoon log mold which is 20 x 3.5 x 2.75 and it was not even half full... any ideas?

jbarad

Reaction score
itsmeroro said:
I saw that but for some reason its not coming out correct for me. I must be doing something wrong...

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

I did a recipe last night with 80 oz total oils in my silvermoon log mold which is 20 x 3.5 x 2.75 and it was not even half full... any ideas?
did you discount the water ? I know that affects the total at the end.

topcat

Reaction score
I have used Paul's figures to work out oil weight for a mould before and it worked fine....? I only take a 5% water discount and the recipe came out pretty well just right.

itsmeroro - are the dimensions you quote here the inside dimensions of your mould? That is the measurements you need. Using your figures I get 77 oz. oils so 80 should be okay. Weird..... :?

Tanya :)

carebear

Reaction score
itsmeroro said:

I NEED SOME HELP!! Argh.

Are you sure you measured everything correctly? I'd have used 77 ounces of oils for that mold - maybe 80 if I soaped at 34% (lye conc) as I often do.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Yes, its the inner dimensions... I got 80 ounces... I discount at 6% with 33%. I am going to try and remake... maybe I measured wrong. Its possible!

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The link was posted in 2009. Check the bottom of the post window and you can see if the post is an old one.:)