One problem solved led to another problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brezo11

Reaction score
In trying to get my Halloween bath bombs ready I encountered a problem. It was the first time using plastic molds, and unmolding was an absolute disaster.

Then I came here and got the idea of dusting the molds with cornstarch or tapioca starch. I tried it, and it molded and unmolded like a dream.

Only problem is that now my bath bombs are covered in cornstarch and I don’t know how to get it off without damaging the delicate details of the mold image. Any thoughts? I tried brushing it off with a paint brush and that sort of worked, and I tried lightly spraying it with rubbing alcohol too, which also sort of worked but now looks even worse.

Any thoughts?

You can try light sandpaper to rub off the excess cornstarch or spray the outside of the bath bombs with alcohol, colored the same color as the bath bombs.

would spraying with canned air work or is it really stuck on? sorry I don't do bath bombs so I haven't a clue about them. good luck

Latest posts

Back