One pot Sicilian chicken

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I was watching the View the other day, and saw them cooking this. I love chicken thighs, and I love a one pot meal, so I decided to give this a try. The only things I changed were, I didn't use as much salt as called for in the recipe. You do need to salt generously, but not that generously. Also, when I took it out of the oven after 45 minutes at 450, it was looking pretty done. I couldn't imagine leaving it in for another 30 minutes at 450 and then another 30 at 350 as the recipe says, so I poured the orange juice and the wine in together, lowered the oven to 350, and left it for 30 minutes more, so that's 45 min. at 450, and 30 min. at 350, with the OJ and wine added after the 45 min. at 450. Let me tell you, this couldn't be easier! I put all of the ingredients into a big bowl, added oil, salt and pepper, tossed with my hands, then dumped them into a deep roasting pan, pulled the chicken to the top, skin side up, stuck it in the oven. I had trimmed all of the visible fat off the thighs, but left the skin on. I didn't chop the onions, I used a large onion and cut it into eighths.I used the little baby carrots that are already peeled, and just left them as is. I used Yukon gold potatoes, skin left on, and cut them into big chunks. When it was done, the chicken skin was crispy, the veggies were amazing, and the OJ and wine make the most delicious sauce! I had cut the recipe in half,(actually less than half, I used four chicken thighs and the appropriate amount of veggies) but still used 1 cup OJ and 1 cup wine, and I'm glad I did, because that sauce was incredible! This is one of those dishes that's simple to throw together at the last minute with no fuss, yet impressive enough to serve to guests, and my girlfriend who shared it with me agreed. Simple as it was, it was one of the best dishes I've had in a while, and I'll definitely be making it again soon. I thought it was too good not to share. http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/ne...-on-the-view-round-2-chicken-recipes-20151117

Last edited:
That sounds sooo good. I'm just about to go outside to shovel the 4 inches of snow that was supposed to be less than an inch. I wish I had some of that waiting for me tonight!

Back