One other question...Color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepibarra

Reaction score
Can I use liquid color for the cp soap? How much should I use and do I need to add or change anything in the soap calc.. for this?

Can I use liquid food color for CP soap?

What liquid color? As far as I know food coloring does not work for CP.

I'm not happy with any natural colorant I've tried. Unless I change my mind I'm sticking with what soap suppliers sell, official "good for CP soap" colorants.

Oh...

I forgot to mention I have color that I use for M&P soap... Bought it at the craft store and all it says is soap safe...

M&P colorants are different than CP colorants. You can use common food dye like at the market for M&P. I wouldn't use it unless it says safe for CP soaping. I haven't seen any discussion on using food dyes in CP soap and I expect there's a reason for that, probably the lye eats up the colors.

I rather like the color that olive oil soap has, usually a milky light green. It's a kind of nice wholesome color. You might like it.

Yeah, if you've got mica, sure. Mix it first in a very small amount of oil. When comes time to use it, take a glop out of your batch and mix the colorant with that. Continue mixing until it is a uniform color, then return the glop to your soap pot and blend it there until everything is uniform in colored. Beware of clumps of mica. Get it mixed really well before you return it to the pot or you'll never get the specks out. Ask me how I know. :)

BTW mica goes a long way. It's very concentrated.

Back