One of Those days...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
I'm sure like many of you, I am just having one of those days. *sigh*

I am so busy at work that I feel paralyzed. But not only that, I just do not want to do any of what I have to do.
So what have I been doing instead of working on my work day? Reading forums, shopping on amazon, paying bills, updating my fantasy football league, picking my football winners for the week, watching my home spycam to see if I can see what my pup is up too, emailing friends, etc., and with all of that it is only NOON!!

I may end up having to actually work afterall! HA

What do y'all do when you are just having "one of those days" ...

It was an expensive I don't really want to work day
Today is probably going to be that for me too. I have to put in a bulk soaping oils order (I've been procrastinating) from Soaper's Choice. I've already done my PDD (pricing due diligence) on who overall has the best prices with shipping for me, and it ended up being SC. So now I just have to pull the trigger and get it done. *sigh*

I've been having too many of those days. I even told my husband that I need to be making something, especially soap, every night. Know what I've done? That's right.. nothing. So, today, I took a day off from my 9-5 job and I'm making soap. It's not quite noon and I have a batch of soap made, and a batch of bath bombs. I know it isn't much compared to a lot of other soapers here but I like to make my soap one 2 lb batch at a time, taking my time. I'll be making at least one more small batch (of Poop soap, by special request), one more 2 lb batch and at least one batch of bubble scoops.

I make two lists. One list is WORK and the other is ANYTHING BUT WORK. My method is still a work in progress, but it is helping me out. So what I do is set a time limit - say 2 hours - and pick x number of things off the work list to do in that time. When my time is up then I pick a time limit and something off the other list and I do that. I've challenged myself to get more things off the work list, or get them done better/faster in the time allowed (seriously, I do NOT need to spend 2 hours making soap labels. It doesn't take that long, quit making it take that long.) That's how I manage my weekend time. My real job time looks more like: do these tasks, read 3 forum posts, do these tasks, Google label printing options, do these tasks, go to lunch... you get the idea.

I'm sure like many of you, I am just having one of those days. *sigh*

I am so busy at work that I feel paralyzed. But not only that, I just do not want to do any of what I have to do.
So what have I been doing instead of working on my work day? Reading forums, shopping on amazon, paying bills, updating my fantasy football league, picking my football winners for the week, watching my home spycam to see if I can see what my pup is up too, emailing friends, etc., and with all of that it is only NOON!!

I may end up having to actually work afterall! HA

What do y'all do when you are just having "one of those days" ...
I take a mental health day (PTO) which is exactly what Im doing today!

Some days i just can't get what I want done. Something always pops up.
Today I had Gym plans with Gym buddy at 1 so that screwed up the day.
I did manage to get somethings in order and ready to go for tomorrow.
But today is cloudy and gloomy and COLD and I just can't stay focused, plus I was up at 4:30am

Latest posts

Back