One of THOSE Batches

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseCreek

Reaction score
Ugh, this was one of those batches, ya know. .. The ones that nothing goes right? I wanted to try a butterfly swirl, I did not get that, lol. I know what I did wrong, but that's beside the point, lol. I had everything out, planned to do TD on all the white. Nope, poured the base with normal colored soap, colored the rest white, started on my colors and realized what I did. The pink had turned grey/purple after I colored it. I hoped it would morph back. Thank goodness it did, but it's not much different than what was supposed to be a burgundy color. I made a double batch, but only really made enough color mix for like half my colored portion, so they are really light.
So my pretty high contrast butterfly swirl, turned into a kinda pastel drop/hanger swirl that looks like it has a random yellow base. At least it smells good if it's kind of a fail otherwise, lol. It's Berry Vanilla
I got one bar that kind of looks like a butterfly, but it's the end piece!!

20150122_190840.jpg

20150122_190753.jpg

I love them, the soft colors are beautiful, and I like the natural color and the pure white in the same bar. I don't really get the butterfly swirl since you have to place two bars together to see the effect. Anyway I would be very happy, know you were going for something else, but they are far from a fail.

That's the thing about a butterfly swirl, is that it only really exists with two bars in place.

However, your end pieces make a good butterfly!! And the rest of the soap is pretty, if not what you wanted, with nice smooth swirls. Hey, at least you don't have to rebatch, right?

Maybe not a butterfly swirl, but they look awesome for Berry Vanilla bars! Colors are wonderful!

I wish I had failures that beautiful! Honestly, that's some gorgeous soap you have there. It may not have been your vision but the soap had other ideas, lol. Sometimes we have to let the children take their own path! :-D

Back