One batch down hopefully many to go

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kooldad

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Rich and I'm located in wonderful Cary, North Carolina.

I got the idea to make soap when I was at the NC State Fair earlier this month. They were selling handmade goatsmilk soap for $5.75 a bar and I thought to myself "I could do this too".

So last night I made up my first batch of goatsmilk soap and it seems to have come out fine. I poured the soap into individual molds and today I put them in the freezer (an idea I got at a soap making site) and after about an hour, out popped 10 fresh bars of goatsmilk soap that are now curing for the next 6 weeks.

I hope my kids like getting goatsmilk soap for Christmas.

That is a "kool" story kooldad! There are getting to be several male soapers on our little forum! I make exclusively goat milk CP soap. Now that I'm back in MO, I can get all the farm fresh GM I want, so cool! I make fresh GM soaps and am getting more into soured gm CP soaps! The upped sodium lactate adds quite a bit of hardness to the bar and other qualities. There is no stinky, smelly scent after saponification. I wish I could sell my GM soaps for even $5.00 per bar. My cured bars weigh in at 4 to 4.5 ounces. We were in Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO a few weeks ago, and there were 2 CP soap vendors selling for $5.00 and $5.95 per bar respectively! Crazy! I'll take $4.00 to 4.25 per bar any day and be happy. I'm not into soaping for huge profits, actually my soap mold business keeps my soap making business afloat!

Welcome aboard and enjoy and ask anything! I've been doing this about 2-1/2 years now!

Paul.... :wink:

Welcome and congrats on the soap. I agree with Soapman, it is good to have another man around. Whereabouts is Cary? I am in Alabama now but I grew up in Blue Ridge, GA on the NC border (we went to Murphy, NC to get our booze) Always nice to meet another southener. I am going to find me some goats and get Soapman to tell me all his secrets on GM soap. There are about 10 goats in a field on my way to work, ya think I could hop the fence one evening and snatch me a quart?

JK, I would never steal from a goat.

hahahahahahhahha I would steal from a goat in a heartbeat!!! Do they bite? I am from the city can you tell???

Welcome to our crazy little world

dragonfly princess said:
hahahahahahhahha I would steal from a goat in a heartbeat!!! Do they bite? I am from the city can you tell???

Welcome to our crazy little world

Dragon, if I were the goat you were trying to steal milk from, I be asking the question: Does she bite? :lol: :lol: :lol: I crack my self up!!! :lol: :wink:

Re: Bite?

NEASoapWorks said:
dragonfly princess said:
Oh you are killin me!!!! but I do bite :twisted:

Uh oh... :lol: Don't hurt him girl! I need my soap cutter!

You guys are great! 8) I love this forum and the friends I've made here! Thank for making me laugh so often! :D :lol:

Paul.... :wink:

How true, I think I would be more afraid of Dragonfly than a goat too :lol: .

edco76 said:
Whereabouts is Cary?

Cary is a town of about 120,000 people on the south west side of Raleigh, NC. When I moved here from NYC about 18 years ago there were only 35,000 people in the town, but the population in this entire area has exploded.

Back