On My 3rd stick blender!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
Well I'm getting more than pissey about these stick blenders - either burning out, or failing in some other way.

I've had all of the cheep brands. I think I'm gonna swallow hard and plunk down cash for the Kitchen Aid.

stick blender

I'm with ya girlfriend. I did burn up my kichenaid also so this time around I bought a KALORIK--loooove it. Bigger motor ,doesn't get warm during use, comes with more attachments than I'll ever use. Got it at drugstore.com.

I have the Kitchen Aid for Lotions and creams since it has variable speed and I use the Cuisinart for soap. The Cuisinart is a stong great blender and it separates really easy!

I have an Oster, and while it is holding up fine, it has a nasty tendency to leave tiny bubbles in the soap. I thought it was my technique until I talked to a couple of other soapers, and they had the same problem.

I had an Oster and LOVED it - that is until the metal shaft separated from the plastic part the clips onto the hand motor. There was no way to repair it.

:?: Are yall talking stick blenders or mixers? I have the same 9.99 sb I started with almost 10 myears ago. I've never burned one up. :?:

MikeInPdx said:
I was talking about a stick blender. :)
Yeah, I can't imagine an Oster burning up but if you are having bubble trouble I'd invest in an inexpensive one to get by that.
You do know not to set the SB flat on the bottom of the pan, right? And not to keep it going for more than 30 secs at a time? SB are geared to "go fast" so will heat up quickly with the friction.
I'm not being catty, honest. I'm just trying to save you a bit of frustration and money. When I started making soap I ran out and bought 3 SBs! I was so afraid I'd be in the middle of a batch and the durn thing would quit on me. (I've given 1 away, still have 1 in the box, & using the other.) Once I got started and learned to use it sparingly, No problems! :wink:

Nope not keeping it flat to the bottom of the container at all...I keep it moving. Actually the Oster was fantastic - but the metal shaft came off the plastic housing and there was no way to reattach it.

I may buy another Oster - it was only $19. I got a Hamilton Beech but it's not powerful enough.

Do invest in a good quality stick blender. You don't want cheap unreliable equipment. I had one give out on me my very first batch. So frustrating. I currently use a mixer for my small batches. I will be getting another stick blender soon. I like different methods.

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who occasionally destroys a stick blender. Good thing my soap guru taught me how to make soap the old fashioned way first, since I had a cheap stick blender fail in the middle of a batch once!

I use a sb for the first 30 seconds of mixing, then stir by hand.

Sonja

I tried using my Kitchen Aid mixer last time, and let me just say....scary!

Blending soap in a mixer is not for me kids.

I have wrecked a few stick blenders, not from the motors burning out, the shaft part either separates, or it warps.

Back