OMH Modified Taiwan Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmakkers

Reaction score
My first attempt at the ever so popular modified Taiwan swirl. My batter stayed super fluid so the inside isn't as pretty as the outside. Last time I over SBed and it got too thick. This time too thin. I feel like Goldilocks. The white layer reminds me of little mustaches or possibly boobs. Whichever you prefer. But at least the top is pretty and I love how the gold mica sank in and creates a nice 3D leaf effect.

image2 (1).jpg

image2 (2).jpg

So you are only doing the design on the top? Or is it supposed to go all the way thru the bar?

Most of the ones I have seen use dividers and have to be cut laterally, but yours looks like it is just the tops that are swirled.

I think it looks great, and it does remind me of honey - so I think they are great.

LMBO! I was staring at the top photo trying to see the "boobs" and thinking what the heck kind of boobs have you seen? Then I scrolled down! Oh my gosh. I cannot stop giggling. It looks like a sports bra to me.

LMBO! I was staring at the top photo trying to see the "boobs" and thinking what the heck kind of boobs have you seen? Then I scrolled down! Oh my gosh. I cannot stop giggling. It looks like a sports bra to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I was like this looks kinda sports bra to me. I sent it to my sister and I was like maybe the inside swirls will look like lady's figure and I can say my soap is sexy. HA!

So you are only doing the design on the top? Or is it supposed to go all the way thru the bar?

Most of the ones I have seen use dividers and have to be cut laterally, but yours looks like it is just the tops that are swirled.

I think it looks great, and it does remind me of honey - so I think they are great.

I only went for the swirl on the top. I like OMH to be a simpler designed bar inside with a pretty top. It was supposed to be an ITP swirl bottom with a flat layer of white with swirled top. I shoulda wait longer to pour the layers. O well. I'm one of those people who like soap to look the way it smells so I'm still trying to pick out a scent that I feel screams swirl me!

Latest posts

Back