OMG!!! I CAN'T STOP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Ok here is batch number 3...I attempted a swirl but as you can see it just kinda blobbed...No big WHOOP but I am running out of space to cure soap :) This one will be called "Phoenix Sun" it is scented with Phoenix by Axe my boys love it!

Hey, those look really GOOD! Who ever said you can't BLOB? I've BLOBBED, BLOBBING has it's place in soap making too!

Now tell me......Have I lost another fellow M&P soap maker here???

Ever since I started experimenting with more CP, that "bug" to make my M&P soap barely exists anymore....making the MP is more like something I HAVE to do instead of wanting to do.......

Sooooo sad for the MP. :(

LYE EYE :shock:

LOL - It's hard to make yourself stop. It's an addiction.

I think your swirls look great!

That's how my first "swirl" looked too! :lol: I still think it looks great. My second attempt at swirling came out really nice! And I'm sure yours will continue to be beautiful! GREAT JOB!

joanne

No I still love MP soap, in fact I have an order for some that I need to get to. :shock:

I guess I will name my type of soap making "BBCP" blob blop Cold Process :lol:

see see.....you NEED to get to....NOT I want to get to, or I'm so excited to play with my MP.....

nooooo...it's a HAVE to DO kinda thing.........you're sunk!

BTW, where can I see some pics of your MP soaps?

my duh.....I have seen them, been there done that, I think they are lovely from what I can remember......so don't leave them behind in a cloud of CP dust, K?

soooo many addictions...so little time!

(I'd love to try some of those "horoscope" -or zodiac molds, is that what some of them are?)

Very nice DP!!! I guess I do BBCP too. My boys use AXE too.

We can always tell when one of them has somewhere special

to go. The not so faint scent of whichever AXE lingers.

they look great!!! I need to start experimenting more with swirls but i think to do that ive got to do a little alternative coloring experimentation first because i dont want to use any crazy dyes, just herbs and spices and clays and stuff!....they look gooood!!

OMG! dragonfly i think i made that exact same batch of soap for my first swirl!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: the only difference is my purple was just a smidge lighter!

for those of you in the swap, you'll get to see that my swirling still has not improved! but i am glad to know that i can be a master of BBCP! :lol:

You know what? The purple was SUPPOSED to be blue, guess I know that using candy color gels don't do well with the lye :)

Thanks for all the compliments, I wish I could use all my soaps now! I would be one clean kid!! :)

Well I never really learned how to swirl MP soap. You can try a couple different ways one way is take some of the soap out of your bowl before you pour into the mold, color that soap a different color from what is in the mold. Or you can take two colors and pour into the mold at the same time and just let it run together. Sorry I never did well with that.

Sorry, that questions was actually kind of a joke....... :)

Not funny you say???

Really, I've heard (from Marie Browning's MP Soapmaking Book I think) to actually get any kind of swirl the bases need to be of different densities. I've TRIED it, like with my Cherry Vanilla soap, but it usually doesn't work so good.. :( Guess it just takes practice like anything else. And, since I HAVE TO make some MP this week :wink: ........it will be fun to practice some more.

Back