ombre soap in tall skinny bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
This was the maiden batch in my new tall skinny mold, many thanks to the thread about making your own wooden mold!

The mold makes a loaf 2" wide by 18" long and 4" tall

For my first recipe I decided to make some more of my red and black spa bars - which are usually done on a slab mold and are black on the bottom and red on top. Im just about out of them and they are super popular.

But I wanted to play a bit, so in this tall mold I did a gradient from dark to light with activated charcoal, with a stripe of red made with Moroccan red clay and madder root. The scent is the same - lavender and anise, which I adore.

Funny enough this was also my first time lining with butcher paper instead of parchment, and I am pleased with how crisp and clean it works, and how I can remove stray blobs of soap with a spatula or wet cloth to keep the edges clean when Im making layers

I am SUPER pleased with how these came out. I have a few bubbles because the batter thickened up on me as I was fiddling about. And because the batter was so thick my lines aren't very straight - but Im not that into straight lines :p

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

I love how large the bars are yet still fit well in the hand. Beautiful beautiful gradients bars, I like the red in the middle. That looks like a fun mold.

I love the uneven lines! I always admire people's smooth, straight lines, but when I see lines like this, it makes me want the soap in my hand right NOW!

Thanks everyone! I love the size, I keep picking them up and cackling to myself. And the palm oil didn't even annoy me this time, probably because I thought ahead for once and melted the big container of if (well stirred) into smaller containers. The new mold already has another batch in it, I can't stop myself :p

Wonderful! I like how Newbie put it about the mountain tops. I like the uneven lines better :)

Very nice soap and soap mold you have there! I love the look of the soap. :-D

Gorgeous - and the best part is that it's making you happy - another vote for the uneven lines and the red; it really makes your bars stand out.

Love tall, skinny soaps! The uneven lines add more character... Beautiful!

Latest posts

Back