Omar stamps in the house!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a pic of my new soap stamps. They arrived today from Spain and were handmade by the fabulous Omar Lopez. He even made a custom stamp with our farm logo (bottom right) and shipped everything about 5 days after the order was placed. I'm super-happy with the finished goods and quick turnaround time, big thumbs up for Omar! This weekend is sure to be a soap-stamping frenzy so stay tuned for more pics.

Omar_stamps.jpg

I had mine shipped to my work address and I was off today. Now I can't wait to get to work!! Gonna be soapin' going on at my house this weelend.:lol:

Judi - I was thinking about you when I posted and wondered if your stamps arrived yet. Bet you'll have them tomorrow and we'll both be posting lots of stamped soap pics soon! I've got 2 fresh batches ready to unmold and slice (probably tomorrow) so they will be my first victims, muwahaha!

They look wonderful! Now I'm thinking I need a stamp..

*grumbles something about soapmaking supposed to save money and wanders off to find a man named Omar who makes stamps...*

I LOVE that kitty and moon stamp. I admit after reading this post last night I went to his website and started making a new wish list, that one is on it.

These are wonderful! The cat/moon one is especially adorable and I'm not even a cat person! Perfect just in time for Halloween :)

Those are gorgeous and look like they will last forever!:thumbup:

I discovered the kitty & moon stamp is the perfect shape for a 2lb tall skinny mold! Anyone have tips for applying mica to the stamped area (where are you seven)? I just used a small paint brush and dry-brushed the mica on but there's probably some trick that I'm missing.

Halloween_kitty.jpg

They look wonderful! Now I'm thinking I need a stamp..

*grumbles something about soapmaking supposed to save money and wanders off to find a man named Omar who makes stamps...*

This is what I used to think about traditional shaving. :)

I got a very nice acrylic one from an Etsy vendor. I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

I discovered the kitty & moon stamp is the perfect shape for a 2lb tall skinny mold! Anyone have tips for applying mica to the stamped area (where are you seven)? I just used a small paint brush and dry-brushed the mica on but there's probably some trick that I'm missing.

I've seen people put a dusting of mica on a plate (or something) and then dip the stamp into it. I can't remember if the stamp was sprayed first with alcohol, but spraying alcohol on a tissue or cloth, or dipping a qtip in it will (in theory) can be used to remove the excess mica from your soap. I'm sure there is a youtube video out there. It might have been one of Amy Warden's and I think she was stamping pumpkins.

The soaps you did look so cute with the kitty on it.

Latest posts

Back