Olivem 1000

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasted hundreds of dollars worth of ingredients last year trying to make different cremes and lotions with this stuff! I was using Bramble Berry's Bio-Mulsion Wax which is the same thing. I could not figure out why my cremes kept failing time after time, could not find info on "bio-mulsion" anywhere.... Then I finally figured out that bio-mulsion is the same thing as Olivem 1000 and had read all of Susan's comments about it and how she did not have good luck with it either and preferred to use Polawax.

Every single batch I made separated. I was just learning how to make lotions and cremes and I thought it was my percentages/ingredients. So I called BB and ran my recipes by them, and there was nothing wrong with the recipes I was using. Well, I gave up trying to use this "PEG-free emulsifying wax that is plant derived, which comes from olive oil," (quoted from BB site) and switched it out for Polawax using the exact same recipes I was using and voila!!! Perfect cremes and lotions!

So I called BB back and told them that it was the "au natural" e-wax that was causing it all to separate as the Polawax worked perfectly.

As much as I would like to be able to use it, I refuse to ever try that stuff again. That was the biggest nightmare ever. I literally wasted weeks of testing, reformulating, more testing, more reformulating, and hundreds of dollars of ingredients. I had posted stories on my IG page about it as well.

I can't give out my recipes as I am getting ready to launch my business, and I will be selling cremes using these recipes, but just know that I tried every possible combination with every type of ingredient you can imagine and then some....

I was thinking of trying again with co-emulsifier xanthan gum. Did you try XG or other co-emulsifier?

One of my favorite emulsifiers is Hallstar NCD-20 which is the emulsifier that WSP sells as Soft & Silky. I do use a small percentage of Stearic Acid or Cetyl Alcohol with it and have never had a failed emulsion. It does give a fluffy look and feel, so if you do not like that it is better to use a different emulsifier.

Back