Olive Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bountifulsoaps

Reaction score
Help! I need Olive Oil and the only Olive Oil I found is called Light Olive oil. Do I need to change my recipe? Husband went to Sam's two hours away and that is all they had so he bought! I have to make 4 recipes like now and not sure how to change the recipe. It seems it might have a different account. what do you guys think?

Help! I need Olive Oil and the only Olive Oil I found is called Light Olive oil. Do I need to change my recipe? Husband went to Sam's two hours away and that is all they had so he bought! I have to make 4 recipes like now and not sure how to change the recipe. It seems it might have a different account. what do you guys think?
Bless your DH’s heart. The lighter olive oils is fine. Same SAP. As long as it’s 💯 olive.

Yes. All olive oils (as long as they aren't adulterated) can be used interchangeably. They might differ in how lazy they are to come to trace, but the recipes are unaffected. EVOO, native, light, mild, pomace, all the same SAP.
Many soapers even prefer light/mild/refined olive oil, because it is more consistent and neutral in colour.

Latest posts

Back