Olive Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WALMART! My walmart doesnt have coconut oil, but the super walmart near my hubbys work, does. I get 31.5 oz of coconut oil there for $6.50. The grocer near me has cocnut oil only 16 oz for $6.99. So defintley super walmart

I buy my olive oil at Costco. Definitely the cheapest price in the area I live.

Laurie

I get alot of my oils at Columbus Foods, 50lbs for around $65.

Olive Oil seems to be the killer for me! I can't get a good price on that, and unfortunately it's the main ingredient in my fav recipe.

Since this thread is about prices of Olive Oil, I had a question:

Olive Pomace is cheaper than the OO....

Which is better to use in soap, Pomice or the OO?

Does the cost of the shipping the pomace negate it's lower price online, making it close to the price of OO Sam's or Costco in "bulk?"

(oh my, that last question seems confusing... need more coffee!)

I just purchased Olive Oil - Refined A from Soapers Choice

$2.80 per pound

Best price I can find, since I don't have a membership to those discount stores.

Texas_Bubbly said:
Since this thread is about prices of Olive Oil, I had a question:

Olive Pomace is cheaper than the OO....

Which is better to use in soap, Pomice or the OO?

Does the cost of the shipping the pomace negate it's lower price online, making it close to the price of OO Sam's or Costco in "bulk?"

(oh my, that last question seems confusing... need more coffee!)

It's really a matter of preference which you use. Some really like OO, others Extra Virgin OO, while still others like the Pomace. Beware that Pomace will saponify faster since it contains more unsaponifiables and the extraction process sometimes uses chemicals. You'll need to experiment to find your favorite.

As for shipping any type of OO...I have always found it cheaper to just pick it up locally.

Latest posts

Back