Olive oil quality - and update??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FWIW: Just found this website 64 Certified Pure and Authentic Olive Oils. I didn't look into their testing process, and because they do list, as certified authentic, at least 2 products that are blends, I email them to explain why.

Now I know that recent info has suggested or possibly proven that the supposed wide spread adulteration of olive oil was not accurate. Although, having a very good Italian friend with family in the olive business in Italy - I do know purity is a big issue. Hope to finally get the answer to the olive oil thing because I'm questioning my disdain for a high olive oil soap after experience this lost recipe of mine. Bought some Colavita refined oo, certified, from Amazon - for about 4.50 cheaper than Kirkland.

I'd really love to find a source of California olive oil that's comparable to Costco's price, because after all - I'm IN California!

FWIW: Just found this website 64 Certified Pure and Authentic Olive Oils. I didn't look into their testing process, and because they do list, as certified authentic, at least 2 products that are blends, I email them to explain why.

Now I know that recent info has suggested or possibly proven that the supposed wide spread adulteration of olive oil was not accurate. Although, having a very good Italian friend with family in the olive business in Italy - I do know purity is a big issue. Hope to finally get the answer to the olive oil thing because I'm questioning my disdain for a high olive oil soap after experience this lost recipe of mine. Bought some Colavita refined oo, certified, from Amazon - for about 4.50 cheaper than Kirkland.

I'd really love to find a source of California olive oil that's comparable to Costco's price, because after all - I'm IN California!
That’s interesting. It’s hard to know what to believe anymore. So much conflicting information out there. Do you have a link you can share for that OO you found on Amazon. I haven’t been able to find anything to beat Kirkland’s price. It’s $21 here for 6 liters (The two pack 3 liters each)

I used to live very close to Sciabica’s in the Central Valley. They have wonderful OOs made from locally grown olives that are processed and packaged in CA. I often gift their specialty oils to friends who like them. Their shipping has always been a fast and reasonable.

Since I don’t soap much with OO, I never checked their bulk pricing. Might be worth checking them out. There are a bunch of others, as well, most of them close to wine regions. Search for “California olive oil producers.”

That’s interesting. It’s hard to know what to believe anymore. So much conflicting information out there. Do you have a link you can share for that OO you found on Amazon. I haven’t been able to find anything to beat Kirkland’s price. It’s $21 here for 6 liters (The two pack 3 liters each)

No, I won't post the link.....because Costco olive oil is $46 dollars here for 6 liters!! Why is New Jersey so lucky?

I used to live very close to Sciabica’s in the Central Valley. They have wonderful OOs made from locally grown olives that are processed and packaged in CA. I often gift their specialty oils to friends who like them. Their shipping has always been a fast and reasonable.

Since I don’t soap much with OO, I never checked their bulk pricing. Might be worth checking them out. There are a bunch of others, as well, most of them close to wine regions. Search for “California olive oil producers.”

I'll do that - thank you!

I just read the price of 3 Liters of olive oil at Sam's Club in Houston is less than $10.00 ! I am not in Houston, but the Sams Club site thinks I am. It's the same price here, too. 10 cents per ounce, not bad. But I no longer have a Sam's Club membership. I dropped it for Costco because I like more products at Costco (based on my California experience, but the products aren't really the same here as they all were in California. I don't if they've changed there, or it's just different in this part of the country.)

What I don't like about Costco compared to Sam's Club, is that at Sam's Club I could find out online if something was in stock at my local store. I cannot do that with Costco online site. That's annoying.

Back