Olive Oil? Lye?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diynewbie

Reaction score
Hello fellow soap makers! Has anyone ever used the below brand of Olive Oil (see photo) from Sam’s Club? Also, any recommendations and/or suggestions on where to purchase lye from last minute/locally in terms of national chain stores? I typically order my oils and lye from BB or WSP and just realized I’m extremely low on both and I want to try and get a batch done later this evening. Thanks in advance!
5D7B2AD3-53B2-4FC7-AA8B-899975F1AEDF.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used lye from Ace Hardware. I've never used that particular brand of olive oil so can't help you there, other than I don't see why you couldn't use it. I generally use the Costco brand of regular olive oil and haven't had any problems.
Awesome! There’s actually a Ace Hardware about 20 mins from me. Thank you! ☺️

In Chicago I got Roebic lye from Lowes. In Minneapolis I get Roebic from Menards.
Thanks Zing!

I've used lye from Ace Hardware. I've never used that particular brand of olive oil so can't help you there, other than I don't see why you couldn't use it. I generally use the Costco brand of regular olive oil and haven't had any problems.
Would this happen to be the brand you purchase from Ace with great success? I’ve read thru the reviews and others have mentioned using it for CPS but I wanted to be sure.
882FDCA2-F1C3-4ED9-8EC3-0D7A048DFE51.jpeg

I use Olive Oil from Costco, but save the EVO for cooking.

You can also order Essential Depot Sodium Hydroxide from Amazon. That is where I got mine from until I found a local soap supplier.

Latest posts

Back