Olive oil help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello soapers and knitters. Happy worldwide knit in public day! I have an olive oil question. I buy my olive, canola, coconut and avocado oils at Costco. Yesterday I noticed that the kirkland brand of oo states 15% evoo. I didn’t buy it because I wasn’t sure if that little bit might make a difference in my soap. Evoo isn’t an option on soapcalc so I figured I would ask here. Enjoy your weekend and thank you in advance.

For soap making, the difference between EVOO and OO is the color. For cooking, it’s the flavor as EVOO is the first press and OO is the second press. Now when it comes between EVOO, OO and OO Pomace, the later can accelerate trace because of the chemical extraction process.

For soap making, the difference between EVOO and OO is the color. For cooking, it’s the flavor as EVOO is the first press and OO is the second press. Now when it comes between EVOO, OO and OO Pomace, the later can accelerate trace because of the chemical extraction process.
Thank you for your help. I was afraid to buy it when I saw that it was 15% evoo.

Latest posts

Back