Olive brine

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Startree

Reaction score
I was just starting to bottle some olives and just as I was about to throw away the brine water I thought ... soap!.. Has anyone ever tried making CP soap or CPLS using olive brine water? I used a 1:10 ratio for the brine. i.e. ikg salt to 10Litres water. Thank you in advance

No, I have not. I generally just drink it. (Only the black olive brine, not the green olive stuff.) But I am talking about canned olives, not home-canned olives. Are yours home canned?

Brine soap is a thing, and so is Castile soap or Olive oil soap, so, hey, I say go for it and report back with your results.

You drink it? The canned ones? The brine water I have is from the 1st step before bottling it... But now I know that too... :). But thanks for the prodding. Will try a small batch and report back. :)

I would not use a salt (NaCl) brine to make or dilute liquid soap. You can get away with using a lot of salt in bar (NaOH) soap, but salt needs to be added with caution in liquid (KOH) soap.

I would not use a salt (NaCl) brine to make or dilute liquid soap. You can get away with using a lot of salt in bar (NaOH) soap, but salt needs to be added with caution in liquid (KOH) soap.
Thanks DeeAnna

Latest posts

Back