Old user New Challenges

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @lionprincess00! It's great to see you back. I don't know where you got your supplies before, and it probably depends on the quantities you bought vs what you plan to use now. Maybe Wholesale Supplies Plus, Essential Depot, Nature's Garden, Bramble Berry? If you were buying large quantities, Soaper's Choice. Rustic Essentials and Elements Bath and Body have both been purchased/merged with WSP.

Nurture Soap is my favorite supplier for colorants and FOs now. Fragrance Buddy is also a FO supplier I've had good luck with. Bramble Berry still has some wonderful fragrances, and so does WSP. Natures Garden has always been so hit or miss for me that I tend to not order much fragrance from there. In case you don't know, the IFRA usage rates are going to be changing, effective in May of this year, so check the usage rates for any of your old favorites. Not all of the sites have updated yet, but I think BB is now updated.

We're still doing the challenges - the January one hasn't been posted yet. Check them out and play with us! I'm just happy to see you!

Nurture Soap is my favorite supplier for colorants and FOs now. Fragrance Buddy is also a FO supplier I've had good luck with. Bramble Berry still has some wonderful fragrances, and so does WSP. Natures Garden has always been so hit or miss for me that I tend to not order much fragrance from there. In case you don't know, the IFRA usage rates are going to be changing, effective in May of this year, so check the usage rates for any of your old favorites. Not all of the sites have updated yet, but I think BB is now updated.

We're still doing the challenges - the January one hasn't been posted yet. Check them out and play with us! I'm just happy to see you!
Aww. I made a vision board for the year (never heard of one before bit I'm trying it). I'm making appx 6 batches at least and lotion again. I will definitely check out the IFRA usages. I still have fo's that are decent, and I plan to get a couple more. Hugs!!!

Is newbie still here? She is awesome.

Aww. I made a vision board for the year (never heard of one before bit I'm trying it). I'm making appx 6 batches at least and lotion again. I will definitely check out the IFRA usages. I still have fo's that are decent, and I plan to get a couple more. Hugs!!!

Is newbie still here? She is awesome.
Vision Board - great idea to start the new year! Keep us posted on your progress. 🎉💗👍

I made a vision board for the year (never heard of one before bit I'm trying it).
How about a pic.gif

I haven’t seen her in ages. :(
We were close at one time (for being states apart lol). I miss her. I still have her gifts on my dresser from when she went to South America. Miss her (and soaping!).

No challenges yet hehe! I need to reacquaint myself first:/

I typed it on my phone. Digital age and all that. January is 1200 sit-ups. Not to get healthy but a focus. Jan is also buying supplies for soaping in February. Last, January is also making 1 batch of homemade fries smathered in cheese. Baby steps:)

On a side note, I've been watching too many Netflix reruns (with my new cat Biscuit ironically) of the Great British Baking Show. I need me suet to render lol!!! I'm seriously considering trying to grab leftovers (of fat, yet again) to self render. Go big or go home, right?!

Is Deeanna still here?

@DeeAnna is still here, patiently answering all of our questions. I still haven’t rendered fat and have no urge to do that. 😆
Awesome on Deeanna! I don't blame you! It stinks horribly. Like a dead animal stink. I have had my kids run around yelling about the stench (with reason). That said, I may do it again Mua haa haa!

Hello Lionprincess00!

I don't know what the size of your batches are, but if you're planning only 6 batches this year and don't want large amounts, then it's worth looking on Amazon. I buy a gallon of castor oil a year (roughly), and unless it's on sale at WSP (with it's free shipping), I've found Amazon to have the best price. I've gotten pko at BarakaButter, but also seen it cheaper on Amazon. I have no idea about almond oil, but Amazon (Prime) has gallons of ho safflower and sunflower oil that beats out other suppliers because of shipping costs (I'm in CA.)

Hello Lionprincess00!

I don't know what the size of your batches are, but if you're planning only 6 batches this year and don't want large amounts, then it's worth looking on Amazon. I buy a gallon of castor oil a year (roughly), and unless it's on sale at WSP (with it's free shipping), I've found Amazon to have the best price. I've gotten pko at BarakaButter, but also seen it cheaper on Amazon. I have no idea about almond oil, but Amazon (Prime) has gallons of ho safflower and sunflower oil that beats out other suppliers because of shipping costs (I'm in CA.)
Thank you! I did Soapers Choice I'm almost certain, and was already at nearly 100$ for what I needed while shopping (new website from the past i think, however). I normally do my 1 lb loaf, but I was thinking of doing my TS which was 12 bars I believe??? Need to break out my notes! I'll check Amazon definitely, and thank you. Totally remember you too;)

Back